We Are Hiring:
Job Title: RN- Registered Nurse
Department: Operating Room
Location: Columbia St Mary's Milwaukee
City, State: Milwaukee, WI
Hours/Work Schedule/Shift: Full Time, 40 hr/week, Monday - Friday Variable hours, weekday night and weekend call rotation
*Graduate from an accredited nursing school. RN or eligible to take NCLEX
Sign on Bonus Eligible: $12,000-$20,000
What You Will Do:
Deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Perform scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assist operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepare operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Minnesota Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State. Licensure is dependent on state associate works in.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin - Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.