We Are Hiring:
Job Title: RN - First Surgical Assistant
Location: Ascension Columbia St Mary's Hospital - Milwaukee
City, State: Milwaukee, WI
Hours/Work Schedule/Shift: Full Time, 40 hrs/week, Monday - Friday variable shift with on call obligations.
*2 years of First Assist experience preferred. Robotic Assisting experience preferred.
*Sign on Bonus: $12,000-$20,000
What You Will Do:
Provide direct assistance to surgeons before, during and after surgical procedures.
- Position patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Implement physicians's orders to provide visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilize appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assist with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Operating Room credentialed from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI) preferred.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in First Assistant credentialed from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI) preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin - Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.