We Are Hiring:
RN Fellowship - Registered Nurse - Surgical Trauma & Burn ICU
The Ascension Seton RN Fellowship is designed for experienced nurses who are interested in transitioning from one clinical specialty into a new specialty. This means, these nurses are moving from clinical practice areas they are currently working or have prior experience, into a new specialty. Just like the RN Residency, an experienced nurse may be hired into one of the different specialties we have to participate in the RN Fellowship program.
****Prefer 2 years nursing experience****
Full-Time Position, Night shifts
Shift: 36 hours a week. Weekend and holidays required.
Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas.
At Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, we are the centerpiece of the new health district in downtown Austin, Texas.
Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas is a part of Ascension, a non-profit organization. Our team approach brings together a wide range of specialists, advanced technology and treatments. Our mission provides opportunities for Ascension associates to serve in their local communities by serving the poor and vulnerable.
Highlights of our State of the Art facility:
- Academic Hospital with 226 beds
- Advance Critical Care Management
- Specialties include Surgical Oncology, Plastics, Neurosurgical Services, Burn Program and Trauma Intensivists
- Only Level 1 Adult Trauma Center within 15 counties
- Acuity adjustable units
Highlights of our Surgical/BurnTrauma ICU:
- Work side by side with advanced practice nurses and residents that reside in our unit
- Charge nurse outside of staffing numbers, available to assist at the bedside
- Core Resource Nurses to assist with patient tasks, monitor and implement core measure goals and other delegated assignments
- Patient Care Techs staffed to provide activities of daily living, assist with lab draws, approved sterile procedures, turns and mobility
- Associate self-scheduling with nurse driven schedulers to balance the needs of the unit
- Active sunshine committee and mentorship program to assist with teamwork at and outside of work
- Highly engaged team members and leaders that participate in self-driven programs to improve patient care and workplace satisfaction
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition asappropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.