We Are Hiring:
Neuro Intensive Care Unit - 12 bed unit
As the designated Tertiary care center for Ascension Wisconsin South region our patient population consists of both medical and surgical neurological patients which includes Stroke, craniotomies, embolizations and TPA patients. We have high acuity patients that may require various devices such as External Ventricular Drains, ICP monitors, CRRT and Targeted Temperature Management. We are a Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center which requires that we meet educational standards for our staff plus deliver evidence based best practice for stroke patients.We welcome enthusiastic positive thinking applicants who are willing to learn in a growing tertiary care environment.
We pride ourselves on providing high quality of care. We have daily shift huddles. We depend on our team to support the quality of care our patients deserve. Daily multidisciplinary patient rounds support the review of patient care goals in a collaborative and educational manner. The multidisciplinary team consists of our Intensivist, RNs, Respiratory Therapy, Case Managers, Social workers OT, PT, Speech Therapy, Pharmacists, Chaplin services,CNS, NeuroInterventionalist and Neurosurgeons.
The Neuro ICU is part of a Catholic not for profit Health system that is patient centered and dedicated to positive patient outcomes. We believe in healing physically,mentally and spiritually. We have a diverse group of staff that is team oriented and addresses the physical, spiritual and psychosocial care. We work closely with our physicians to provide the care our patients require.
What You Will Do:
Coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assign, direct, educate, and monitor nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contribute to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Respond to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- 1 year of experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
For over 170 years, Ascension Wisconsin has been providing rewarding career opportunities at 20 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Nearly 20,000 Ascension Wisconsin associates currently serve in four locations throughout Wisconsin - Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, Ministry Healthcare, Columbia St. Mary's, and Affinity Healthcare. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.