We pride ourselves on hiring the best candidates to join the BluSky family, and are passionate about our team, our culture, and our services. BluSky is seeking the most talented, driven, and professional individuals who want to grow their careers, be a part of a supportive team, and have passion to succeed.
Base Compensation Range ($55,000 - $75,000)
Bonus Commission OTE $5,000- $15,000
The Project Estimator at BluSky Restoration Contractors, LLC is a key position that is pivotal to the success of maintaining and building strong relationships with managed repair programs. By meeting BluSky standards for providing prompt responses to the insurance carrier and customer needs, the Project Estimator represents the company as a leader in customer service and contributes to the growth of the company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result Areas (KRA)
Job has been satisfactorily performed when all KRAs successfully executed
General Job Management
- Achieve 96% customer satisfaction rating
- Jobs are completed in a timely fashion and meet target profit margins
- Communicate with all parties (clients, insurance) throughout the job as required
- Document all activity in Xactanalysis (Details, Notes, Documents, and Photos tabs) as required by BluSky Best Practices for program work
- Document all activity as required in company systems
- Thorough understanding of construction and restoration to produce jobs quickly and professionally
- Manage the acceptable volume of business
- Focus on growing residential managed repair program work by building positive relationships with insurance adjusters and meeting all required response times
- Target program and large loss adjusters via weekly sales and business development activity
- Attend industry-related functions for marketing purposes
- Coordinate with Business Development Managers on any after-hour, or social events
- Document and track all marketing activity in BluSky's CRM system
- Work assigned leads on residential programs with exceptions directed by the office Vice President
- Understanding needs and management expectations of clients and partners
- Address all concerns and conflicts without delay per program best practices
- Build a positive rapport with program adjusters and customers
- Sales goal of up to $2 million per year based upon program assignments and other leads
Scoping & Estimating
- Be proficient in the use of required estimating systems
- Understand line item definitions for correct use of related items
- Understand and utilize all insurance carrier estimating guidelines
- Write estimates and changes to estimates in a timely manner
- Prepare and provide in writing client's payment and production schedules, and client selection sheets with deadlines.
- Responsible for collection of funds in a timely manner
- Review jobs with the Project Manager going over scopes and budgeting at the beginning of every job
- Review insurance supplements and customer change orders with the Project Manager per BluSky Best Practices
- Do not start any additional work without documented insurance company approval and signed change orders from the customer
- Conduct regular job costs monitoring against the budget for any expenses charged to jobs and discuss discrepancies with the Project Manager immediately
- Ultimately responsible for all aspects of the job
- Contribute to the departments base of professional sub-contractors
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure quality control throughout the course of the project
- Ensure safety compliance and organization on all jobs
- Keep management, peers, and staff always informed
- Show respect for all colleagues and outside associates
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Be an active leader in the company and a vocal contributor to company success.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge
- Achieve required training goals
- Attend a minimum of one industry educational event or outside training session per year.
- This position does not have any direct reports.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough understanding of construction and restoration to write accurate estimates
- Familiar with insurance regulations and qualifications
- Decision making, problem-solving, and documentation skills required
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required
- Strong MS Office Suite product knowledge required
- An outgoing, driven, tenacious, team-oriented attitude is a must!
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Insurance Restoration Estimating/Xactimate Experience required, or equal commercial construction estimating experience
- 3+ years of experience in Insurance Restoration Estimating and/or Commercial Construction Estimating preferred
- Must have strong construction knowledge
- Must be able to write and establish budgets and job-costing
- Flexible schedule: some nights and weekends may be required
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is required to regularly move and walk around the office.
Occasional travel is primarily local to branches in the assigned area during the business day. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected for training or meetings.
BluSky offers a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes: a matching 401(k) plan, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), paid time off, disability, vehicle allowance, gas card, expense account, laptop, smartphone, and apparel.
BluSky is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. BluSky prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on age 40 or over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by Federal, State, or local law.
It is and will continue to be the policy of BluSky that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity based on their individual qualifications, performance, and potential without regard for any protected status, as required by state and federal law.