Apply for this job now
Residential Sales Representative
- Mineola, New York
- Job Type
- 29 Jul 2022
Apply for this job now
332 Sagamore Ave., Mineola, New York 11501
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Sells residential lawn care services to new and existing customers in-person through door-to-door selling efforts. Travels to residential areas and walks outside to make sales door-to-door.
1. Sells residential lawn care services to new and existing customers in-person through door-door-door selling efforts via personal vehicle.
2. Sells residential lawn care services tailored to the needs of customers, including weed control, fertilization, and/or insect control, as well as specialized services, to achieve weekly sales goals.
3. Generates additional sales revenue by cross-selling and up-selling to current customers.
4. Compiles lists of potential customers for use as sales leads based on information from direct mailing/advertisement, community activities, and other resources.
5. Identifies target geographic area for sales on a weekly basis.
6. Prepares and develops an effective sales pitch to build customer relationships, reinforce value-added services, and answer potential questions to overcome resistance and objections.
7. Contacts potential customers to explain the type and value of services or products.
8. Quotes prices, negotiates with the customer, and closes the sale.
9. Collects customer contact information for every sale.
10. Estimates date of service for customer based on knowledge of branch production and service schedules.
11. Prepares and maintains accurate sales reports.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma/GED required
• Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
• Valid, permanent driver s license from state of residence and a clean driving record defined as no DUI-related violations within the past five years and no more than three moving violations within the past three years, are required
• Certification as required by federal, state, or local law
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Consultative sales skills and abilities by phone and in-person
• Knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, overcoming objections, closing sales)
• Ability to find and assess potential sales opportunities
• Ability to build customer relationships and provide customer service
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Data entry skills with a computer and/or a mobile device
• Mathematical skill to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle and travel locally on an extensive basis
• Time management skills, including punctuality for on-time attendance
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
• Sit, stand, and walk
• Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
• Speak and hear
• Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to:
• Lift or move up to 25 lbs
• Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Noise level: Low to moderate
Adverse Conditions: Minimal
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an application accommodation, Click Here.
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect as part of the application process, Click Here.
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
To view our disclaimer, Click Here.
- Job Reference: 671174071-2
- Date Posted: 29 July 2022
- Recruiter: Trugreen
- Location: Mineola, New York
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Sales & Marketing
- Job Type: Permanent