Reports to: Supply Chain Management
Overview: Accurately identifies part requirements from cross functional departments (Operations, AMS, and Shop) and creates requisitions for parts, service or expenses.
- Learn what system fields are required, how Oracle works, how to look up part numbers, and when to use a P-Card.
- Conduct limited item and quantity on hand search within Enterprise (Local Subs, Business Unit, Region, and ODC) before submitting requisition to purchase.
- Create/Track approved internal/purchase requisition for parts, service or expenses.
- Respond to after-hours requests regularly on an on call basis.
Performs other duties as assigned.
All employees shall be in compliance with the Archrock Health Safety and Environmental Policy and local, statutory and/or regulatory requirements at all times.
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform all assigned duties.
- Ask the right questions about what is needed and help the requestor through the process of identifying the correct part, service or expense.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with cross- functional departments (Operations, AMS, and Shops) and with Suppliers.
- Understands the basics of the requisition process.
- Familiar with the parts being requisitioned and usage.
- Basic knowledge of Purchasing/Inventory systems.
Minimum Education and Certification:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Typically at least one year of experience in procurement and/or with gas compression or similar equipment & parts.
- No leadership responsibilities.
Physical Demands: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and bend with good balance, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to sit, perform repetitive duties, use a PC and to talk and hear.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to lift, move and carry up to 10 pounds.
Problem Solving & Innovation:
- Addresses problems / issues that are well- defined, using guidance available to provide solutions.
- May suggest process improvements within scope of role.
- Actions and decisions impact operational and to some degree financial results.
This job description is a summary of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks, as assigned by supervisor, regardless of job title or routine job duties.