NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a RN - Hoag 5.
In this role, the successful candidate Practices in accordance with the American Nurses Association's (ANA) scope and standards of nursing practice. Uses his/her clinical expertise to plan the delivery of safe, therapeutic, population-specific patient care through assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. With the patient and family central to the care, incorporates the unique characteristics and needs of each patient and family member into the care delivery process. Works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary Healthcare team to promote wellness and optimize patient outcomes. Provides leadership to the team by orienting, mentoring, and managing team members to ensure that quality care is delivered with compassion, dignity, respect, and efficiency. Participates in unit, departmental, and/or institutional performance improvement initiatives that impact patient, family, and service outcomes based on professional practice standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan.
- Coordinates care delivery.
- Employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Practices ethically using the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements to guide practice.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrates leadership in the profession and the professional practice setting.
- Collaborates with the healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluates his her own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing required for employees hired after 9/1/2020 (those who were hired prior to 9/1/2020 are grandfathered). Registered Nurse License-NYS. Current and valid BLS certification. Current and valid ACLS and/or PALS and/or NRP, as required by population, within one (1) year of Hire. Knowledge of standards of practice for all areas of patient care. Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills. Basic computer skills..
Required Licenses: Registered Nurse License-NYS, Basic Life Support Cert
1 - 2 years of experience in Nursing.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital-Long Island's EEO policies, please click here . Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit .htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here .