We Are Hiring:
***** This is NOT a Short Term Option position*****
Are you interested in working with a diverse group of supportive teammates in a fast-paced atmosphere built on promoting education and growth? Join Ascension's Stepdown IMC Cardiovascular Unit at Seton Medical Center Austin and start living your calling today!
Unit Motto: We will treat each other and our patients like family!
Title: Registered Nurse Manager - Cardiac Stepdown IMCU
Shift: Full-Time (40 hrs), Rotating Shifts
Department: Stepdown IMC Cardiovascular
Hospital: Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin
Location: 1201 West 38th Street, Austin, TX
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin is a Level 4 Trauma Center. ASMCA has also been awarded the Gold Plus Level Performance Award from the American Heart Association. It is also a Magnet designated facility! The Magnet Recognition Program recognizes health care organizations who truly value nursing talent. Magnet Recognition is not merely an award or a badge of honor. It is steadfast proof of a hard-earned commitment to excellence in health care, with contented nurses at its heart.
3+ Years of RN Experience
1+ Year of Leadership Experience
DESIRED (Not necessary to apply)
5 Years of RN Experience
We offer a Robust Sign on Bonus | Competitive Compensation | Excellent Benefits
What You Will Do:
Manage activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conduct hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identify and resolve issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s).
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitor and adhere to budget.
- Approve or monitor expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Certified Basic BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.