We Are Hiring:
Are you interested in working with a diverse group of supportive teammates in an atmosphere built on promoting education and growth? Join Ascension's Labor & Delivery Unit at Seton Medical Center Austin and start living your calling today!
- Title: Registered Nurse - Labor & Delivery Nurse Manager
- Shift: Full-Time (40 hrs), Day Shift
- Department: Labor & Delivery
- Hospital: Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin
- Location: 1201 West 38 th Street, Austin, TX 78705
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin is a full-service hospital with 24/7 emergency care, a Comprehensive Level 1 Stroke Center and has been awarded the Gold Plus Level Performance Award from the American Heart Association. In addition, ASMCA has a Level IV Maternal Designation through DSHS.
- 5+ Years of RN Labor & Delivery Experience
- 2+ Years of Leadership Experience (Charge, Supervisor, Preceptor, Manager, etc)
We offer a Robust Sign on Bonus | Competitive Compensation | Excellent Benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
What You Will Do:
Manage activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conduct hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identify and resolve issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s).
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitor and adhere to budget.
- Approve or monitor expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing required.
- Bachelor's in nursing required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.