Lead Big Data/Machine Learning Engineer
In this role, you will:
- Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to deliver a product customers love
- Leverage a broad stack of technologies Python, Conda, AWS, H2O, Spark, and more to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of numeric and textual data
- Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
- Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Statistically-minded. Youve built models, validated them, and backtested them. You know how to interpret a confusion matrix or a ROC curve. You have experience with clustering, classification, sentiment analysis, time series, and deep learning.
- A leader. You challenge conventional thinking and work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo. Youre passionate about talent development for your own team and beyond.
- Technical. Youre comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
- A data guru. Big data doesnt phase you. You have the skills to retrieve, combine, and analyze data from a variety of sources and structures. You know understanding the data is often the key to great data science.
- Bachelors Degree plus 9 years of experience in data analytics, or Masters Degree plus 7 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD plus 4 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 4 years of experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
- At least 4 years of experience with machine learning
- At least 4 years of experience with relational databases
- PhD in STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) plus 5 years of experience in data analytics
- At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
- At least 3 year of experience managing people
- At least 5 years of experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
- At least 5 years of experience with machine learning