The Radiology Technician will provide patient care services in the back office setting, which will meet the specific needs of the patient.
- Personal Effectiveness - Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, can do attitude
- Innovation and change - Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork - Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services - Delivers high quality services to internal and external customers, accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations & services respond to the needs of caregivers
- Integrity - Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- Innovator - Seeks creative ways to solve problems to achieve growth or reduce costs, willing to lead, risk-taker, willing to make mistakes, achieves quality outcomes.
- Commitment to Service- Committed to excellence in customer service and operational performance, customer focused, cares for others, self-sacrificing.
- Rewards/Recognizes- Communicates clear expectations, values work and efforts of others, recognizes and rewards performance.
- Stewardship- Finds ways to accomplish tasks, problem-solving, positive and persistent, uses resources responsibly and effectively, uses own and other's time wisely, sets priorities, proactive, plans and works effectively, follows through
- Self-Awareness- Insightful into his/her strengths, demonstrates effective emotional responses, self-confident, involves people with strength he/she does not possess.
- Prepares patients and performs radiology duties within the scope of practice
- Ensures equipment is in working order. Reports equipment malfunctions to appropriate personnel for servicing.
- Maintains appropriate logs for the state Radiation Rules and Regulations.
- Performs back-office administrative duties such as obtaining authorizations.
- Performs clinical tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Compliance with established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Observes and communicates changes in the patient's condition to the physician.
- Assists provider with exams, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care under direct supervision
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited radiology technician program
- 1 year of clinic experience preferred
- Must be proficient with Electronic Health Records
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with physicians, personnel, patients, family members, visitors, and the public.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Non Certified Radiological Technician Registry thru Texas Medical Board
- BLS certification thru American Heart Association