Research & Development Req ID:
Join our team now at Siemens Mobility as a PTC Software Developer in our Freight Software Solutions organization. The role will be located at In Jacksonville, Florida or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This role may require flexibility to be able to travel up to 5% to visit customers located throughout Canada and US.
This role is well suited for an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As part of the Freight Software Solutions Team, the PTC Software Developer will be responsible for supporting our PTC BOS Program. The role will require the ability to troubleshoot and remedy defects, implement new design, and support customer requests as required. The position requires being part of a 24x7x365 on-call rotation What your day-to-day will look like:
Required skills, knowledge, and experience to make a difference in our team:
- Design, improve, implement, and release software that meets functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability requirements.
- Work with other software developers as needed to understand and manage interdependencies of project tasks, product, and flow integration issues.
- Participate in reviews and/or inspections of, designs, specifications, and code.
- Participate in an agile environment with planning and tracking, task investigation, work breakdown, and schedule estimation while keeping project partners informed of project risks and status.
- Collaborate with testing and integration teams to resolve defects
- Be able to help maintain functional and design specification documents.
- Work with different software technologies to achieve business objectives (C++, C, Control)
- Be part of a 24x7x365 on-call rotation handling customer emergency support calls
- Have the vital soft skills for in-person and remote communications with customers. This entails being able to explain technical solutions and problems in a manner that non-expert personnel can easily understand.
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- B.Sc in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Science.
- Hands-on experience in Solution Development using C/C++ Hands-on experience and solid understanding building PTC solutions.
- Solid knowledge of software algorithms and data structures.
- Knowledge in multi-threading, distributed computing, microservices architecture
- Working experience in Unix/Linux operating system environments is required
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.) is a plus!
- Great teammate, dynamic, persistent, and quick learner with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.Organization:
Siemens Mobility Company:
Siemens Mobility, Inc Experience Level:
Mid-level Professional Job Type:
Full-time Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here () . Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here () . California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here () .