Role: Project Manager
Company type: Technology MSP
Salary: up to £60,000PA + Bonus + Car Allowance
Location: Remote role
Concept Resourcing are looking for a Project Manager to join a successful technology MSP based in Birmingham. You will be accountable for the day-to-day management and delivery of several high value projects or complex solutions. If you are an experienced Project Manager and are interested in this fantastic opportunity, then please APPLY now.
- Ensure effective initiation of technically complex projects - collating/validating requirements and building the delivery plan. Producing a Project Initiation Document (PID).
- Secure and schedule appropriate a team of multiple technical resources for the client/project delivery concurrently.
- Manage the production of the required deliverables to time, quality and cost within the tolerances set for the project.
- Plan, manage and control the project, in line with the contractual obligation and PMO governance criteria. Ensuring the delivery meets the technical quality and business assurance criteria set at all times.
- Change Management - Understand, facilitate and manage the technical, physical, environmental and cultural change management needs of the project in conjunction with the wider technology and operational processes.
- Manage business and project risks, including the development of mitigation and contingency plans, maintenance of risk and issue logs with appropriate levels of meeting and escalation.
- Report RAG status and manage internal or external reviews/project boards as appropriate.
- Accountable for project financial control - monitor and manage project finance and processes. Ensuring consultant time spent is correctly entered and approved, and external expenditure is tracked and managed appropriately through the Procurement process - from order to installation (and billing) to keep to commercial and scope parameters set.
- Following the project build phase and before Go-Live, transition the solution and/or products or deliverables into Operational support in an assured and auditable process. To close the project formally.
- Direct and motivate the technical project team by creating a clear, shared sense of purpose and keeping them informed of all project plans and issues.
- Build strong internal relationships with key stakeholders and commercial, delivery and operational functions.
- Work effectively with demanding customers, understanding and supporting their business goals whilst maintaining the strategic and commercial position.
- Ensure that project teams store project documentation in the relevant repository, notably Sharepoint.
- Understands and monitors measures related to the effectiveness and efficiency of project management (traditional RAID log) Prepare and communicate the lessons learned for each project managed, and update the central lessons learned log.
- Recommends and drives improvement actions in line with continuous improvement requirements.
- Play an active role in the PMO department within the company and regularly make and implement suggestions for improvements related to the scope of the role, the team, or the organisation, as well as supporting the mentoring of more junior members of the project teams.
- Professional qualification (degree, equivalent or significant industry experience).
- Proven technical (Infrastructure) project management experience in a Manage Service environment.
- A working knowledge of Public/Private Cloud (software services and products) and IBM is desirable
- Project Management certification - PRINCE2, Agile PM and MSP or equivalent.
- Can example the delivery of complex projects of (multi) million pound value to end clients for a managed services or cloud services company.
- Working knowledge of ITIL.
- Excellent inter-personal and communications skills.
- Good facilitation skills - able to run workshops and external project meetings.
- The ability to manage conflict and manage customer expectation.
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge from outside own area of expertise.
- Understands and contributes to the current position and future strategies for project management, methodology and approach.
If you are an experienced Project Manager are interested in this fantastic opportunity, then please APPLY now.