Job Title: Project Management office (PMO) Officer
Department: Project Management Office
Reporting to: Head of Projects
- Purpose of the role
Governing Project performance against Project life cycle process and related procedures within direction of the Head of Projects. Ongoing administration of project procedures, providing support to the Project managers to ensure adherence to all aspects of PLCP and Project governance.
2. Key responsibilities and tasks
Provide governance to best practice project delivery standards
Assist in the maintenance of over arching procedures for the governance of projects
Expand and optimize PLCP tools including creation processes, templates, check lists etc
Create and govern standards for such items as folder structures, risk registers within project delivery / NPI team
Development / maintenance of visual management tools for Project / NPI delivery
Report creation, generation and management of project KPIs
Support Head of Projects and Project managers with administrative tasks utilising PMO office support resource
Mentor / develop PMO team resources
Maintain department action trackers
Support use of project management toolset
3. General activities
Support meetings in an administrative function
Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
Maintain continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
Act as an ambassador for the company in all interactions with customers.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Communication skills, ability to gain buy in, steer reviews at various level of the organisation
- Exceptional planning and organisational capabilities
- Working knowledge or project processes
- Working knowledge of project management processes
- Worked on process / business improvement acitivities
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong IT skills , specifically in the areas of MS Office
- Experience within a R&D, design development or engineering environment
- Microsoft project / Smartsheets
- APM / Prince knowledge / qualification
- Project finance analysis / reporting
- Demonstrable experience of process development / implementation
Role travel requirements
- The duties of this appointment relate to the UK but you may be required to travel when required by the Company. It is not envisaged that you shall be required to work outside the UK for more than one month.
- Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK
- Candidates must have passed UK security clearance to Security Check level or be able to obtain this level. This normally requires 5 years residence in the UK.