Thinking about improving your career development and your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most successful international logistics organizations here at Kuehne+Nagel. Our Houston branch is looking for a new Operational Care Specialist to join their Project Logistics team.
A specialist in Project Logistics with knowledge of how to move ODC/OOG or Special Cargo - which means understanding how to organise the transport (either through a local haulier or via the respective chartering desk), safely load/unload cargo, when to involve KNPL Transport Engineering (as per working instructions) and keep the CCL informed all the way. Update all required systems in a timely and accurate manner. Build and maintain a strong relationship with suppliers (e.g. hauliers, heavy lift). Ensure HSE is at the forefront of all work.
- Pro-active engagement with customer care, hubs, chartering desks, transport engineering and suppliers.
- Provide competitive rates for OOG/ODC/Special Cargo moves to the respective CCL in a timely manner.
- Execute business in line with rates given.
- Ensure all systems (OGS/SALOG) are kept up to date in a timely manner.
- Work and make sure all suppliers work within HSE guidelines and Working Instrcutcions particularily for cargo loading/unloading and moving.
- Work with customer care to ensure smooth onboarding of clients and to deal with any complaints/queries.
- Monitor operational performance of all suppliers (including HSE compliance) and escalate to management if there are issues.
Your Skills and Experiences
- 0 - 2 years of Project Logistics Experience.
- 0 - 2 years of Energy Experience.
- 0 - 2 years of Sea Logistics Experience.
- 0 - 2 years of Special Cargo Handing Experience.
- Fluent oral and written communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Proven problem solver and Financial Acumen.
- Collaborative and open personailty to bring teams together to provide customer excellence
- Analytical and planning and Team Player.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment. Kuehne+Nagel's general working model is four (4) days office and one (1) day remote. However, some positions may offer a different hybrid model depending on the job location, function, etc. The working schedule specific details will be discussed in your job interview. Kuehne+Nagel reserves the right to change or adjust the working model policy.