FLSA Status: Non-ExemptGeneral Job Description
Location: Centennial, COCompany Responsibilities
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Business Process Analysis and Documentation: Research, analyze, and document the electrical project process at Weifield finding ways to be more efficient and profitable.
- Identify Solutions for Improvement in the Organization: Through process analysis, this individual shall determine areas of improvement in terms of efficiency and company effectiveness, developing appropriate solutions.
- Information Dissemination: Develop and facilitate high-quality and high-frequency communications throughout the company. Investigate and implement tools to achieve these goals.
- Company Handyman : Act as an internal consultant to help multiple persons and departments within the organization develop programs and solutions to enhance efficient and/or effectiveness.
- Training/Mentoring: Promote the professional growth of the team. Continually pursue opportunities for personal career/training development.
- Recruiting: Continually seek and refer potential employees to the Weifield Human Resources department and the management team.
- Industry Awareness: Continually seek industry and market information to provide Weifield with the information necessary for successful business development.
- PACT: Promote and work as a living example of the company values.
- People - Demonstrating fiscal responsibility, physical well-being, and integrity, every day, and empowering each other to be the best we can be through genuine caring and opportunities for teaching, learning, and celebrating together.
- Advance Process - Developing, communicating and improving our processes to achieve quality, training, and consistency, sharpen our focus, and lay the groundwork for continuous improvement.
- Community - Giving our time and financial resources to worthy causes in order to make a meaningful difference in the places we live, work, and play.
- Trusting Relationships - Building our business through trusting relationships and caring concern for the well-being of our clients, vendors, and all other stakeholders.
- Project Management Support - Able to support multiple projects
- Supports or performs the following PM processes:
- MASTERLIST: assist PM in keeping up to date
- SCOPE REVIEW: perform takeoffs used to quantify work as may assist in procurement or verification
- PACKAGE BUYOUTS: assist in writing POs, correct PO layout, descriptions, inclusions, managing timely accurate orders, releases, ship schedules, and verification of all product received in correct quantities and specifications.
- SUBCONTRACTS: assist PM in managing subcontractor administrative performance, billing, and contract compliance and closeout.
- SUBMITAL PROCESS: Review for compliance, build, close out
- SOVs: After understanding of flow of project and costs, generating SOVs geared to generate cash flow - front loaded.
- BILLINGS: Forecasting the balance of month's costs and billing out cost + fee + extra to ensure we are overbilled each month. Follow up with customers that are past 60 days.
- COST REPORTS: Assist in pulling reports for PM
- CHANGE ORDERS: Price T&M tickets, and change orders with less complexity
- RFIs: Assist in writing RFIs by checking construction documents and creating RFIs with backup information
- PROJECT DOCUMENTATION: Filing documents, posting drawings, distributing documents, photo/video documentation
- Assist PM in preparation for all meetings by compiling documents and notes required
- Get permits required on project
- Assist Field Supervisors with administrative support when necessary
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC)
- Goal oriented and accountable
- Maintains and promotes company values and culture
- Attention to detail
- Competent with the following software programs:
- Microsoft office suite (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Bluebeam - For takeoffs, hyperlinking, overlays, creating packages
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to work under pressure
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Has 1+ years experience with project controls and/or project coordination OR 3-4 years experience documented work in commercial or industrial electrical construction
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree in Construction Management
The Project Engineer reports to the Project ManagerSupervisory Requirements
: NonePhysical Demands
- Stand, walk and sit; use hands to finger, handle, and maneuver or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms; be able to talk and to hear.
- See well, either naturally or with correction.
- Hear well either naturally or with correction.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as in a typical office setting.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Weifield Group is a drug free working environment.
- Start Date: TBD
- Status: Full-time
- Pay Rate: $19.23 - $28.85 per hour
- Car Allowance or Company Vehicle: N/A
- Cell Phone Allowance: $75/Month
- Employee & Family Health Insurance: 100% of the employee medical Base Plan paid by WGC 1st of the month following date of hire
- Voluntary Dental/Vision Insurance: Paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following date of hire
- Disability & Accident Insurance: Paid by employee based on coverage selection 1st of the month following date of hire
- Life Insurance: Paid by company at rate of $50,000 policy, 1st of the month following date of hire
- EAP: Provided by Mines and Associates on behalf of Weifield Group
- PTO: 10 days Annually (Accrued at a rate of 1.54 hours per 40 hours worked)
- Paid Holidays: Seven paid holidays per year.
- 401k/Safe Harbor: Participate after 60 days. Weifield matches 100% of investment up to 4% after one year of consistent employment.-
- Training: Yearly budget to support personalized development plan
- Background Check Required: Yes
- MVR Check Required: Yes
- Credit Check Required: No
- Current Driver's License Required: Yes
- Working Hours: M-Th 7am-5pm, Friday 7am-3pm
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Weifield Group Contracting LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Weifield Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. We make a special effort to include minorities, women, disabled and veteran candidates in our employment selection pools. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
This position will be conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug and alcohol test and the results of a background check.