EY100 Project & Design Engineer (Electrical)Location: Waterlooville Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 per Annum DOEOverview:First Military Recruitment are currently supporting our client in the search for a Project & Design Engineer (Electrical).As a member of the office team, you will be responsible for working on all electrical and control elements the company's projects and will work with the project team to manage the delivery of a range of projects.Our client is keen to offer opportunities to Ex-Military personnel, but all applications will be considered. Duties and Responsibilities of a Project & Design Engineer (Electrical):
- Collaborating with the project team (engineers and site staff) to create efficient methods of working and maintain project profitability.
- Completion of electrical design elements of all company projects.
- Compliance with NICEIC requirements and client specific standards.
- Continued training and development.
- Develop the specifications, schedules and drawings for the equipment that is required for each project.
- Ensure compliance with the company's policies, procedures and work instructions including commitment to working with the company to achieve its OH&S, environmental and quality objectives and using correct PPE at all times.
- Establish the methods by which all field tests are administered and develop various ways to monitor the quality of those tests.
- Formulate realistic parameters for each project, including design elements and implementation procedures.
- Manage and oversee all elements of project delivery under a Project Manager from initial site surveys and proposal preparation through to final handover including preparation all necessary documentation, costings, proposals, specifications, site, testing and commissioning documentation.
- Observe and comply with all good working practices.
- Project budget and programme management.
- The ability to specify job requirements and the parts / equipment / materials needed to enable projects to be scoped out for tender as well as on site delivery.
- Utilise design drawings, wiring diagrams and manufacturer's installation manuals to complete assigned projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Batchelors degree in an engineering and/or related field or equivalent.
- CSCS card preferable.
- Driving licence preferable (full, clean).
- 3+ years' experience in a related field and/or project.
- Field and/or practical experience essential.
- CAD expertise and experience preferable.
- Excellent CDM and health and safety knowledge and application.
- Excellent degree of computer literacy.
- Excellent personal presentation.
- Excellent project management and/or organisational skills with ability to multitask.
- Positive "can do" attitude with flexible approach to work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Company pension.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).
Location: Waterlooville Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 per Annum DOE