The Procurement Coordinator responsible for maintaining a centralized function of sourcing products and services for the organization, and ensuring request for proposal processes (RFP) meet funding source and/or other regulatory requirements. Works closely with the finance, program operations and legal departments. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Samaritan Daytop Village (SDV).
Oversight, Management & Collaboration
- Manage the RFP process specifically for security and maintenance contracts, but as needed other contracts as well, which includes, but is not limited to conducting solution and product research, ensuring products and services chosen achieve the goals, and strike a balance between quality and cost and include scaling for business growth if needed.
- Coordinate renewals of vendor agreements, including costs negotiation and/or other pertinent service or product details.
- Responsible for the evaluation of vendors and ensuring provided services are of high quality and in compliance with various contracts and external regulations.
- Ensure that there is a sustainable method of record keeping for purchasing, processing, bid expiration etc.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and update list of vendors and their qualifications.
- Work with internal stakeholders (senior and middle management) to determine contracting need of vendors.
- Ensure all requested and necessary documentation is provided to funding sources related to vendor agreements.
- Seek to reduce costs, improve outcomes and identify strategic partnerships with existing or future vendor relationships.
- Develop and implement agency Assist with tracking inventory controls that are compliant with various regulations.
- Participate in various program implementation committee and coordinate efforts on behalf of vendor selection and budget planning.
Reporting, Compliance & Quality Assurance
- Oversee and produce routine and as necessary, external and/or internal requests for reports related to Procurement Management.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and regulatory laws and/or requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and changes in Procurement functions at SDV.
- Review and analyze past vendor relationship to determine vendor effectiveness, compliance and ultimately, SDVs return on investment (ROI).
- Collaborate with appropriate members of other departments.
- Immediately report any problems unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and/or Skills:
- Bachelors Degree.
- 7+ years of experience in purchasing and/or procurement functions.
- Demonstrated track record of project management skills.
- Experience in designing, implementing and analyzing systems and processes.
- Ability to balance shifting priorities and keep track of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in standard office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Access.
Preferred Education, Experience and/or Skills:
- Advanced degree.
- Experience in a multi-site and/or non-profit human services or health care environment.
- Experience working with OASAS, DHS, OMH and/or other city, state of federal agencies.
- Working knowledge of project management software.
- Customer Service:
- Professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with others.
- Commits to exceeding expectations of clients.
- Adheres to ethical standards in line with organizational mission and goals of SDV.
- Works well with others.
- Contributes input to improve outcomes.
- Asks others for opinions and feedback; provides feedback.
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is performed primarily in a short-term setting. A combination of sitting, standing, lifting, walking, and carrying materials or equipment is required for large portions of the day and must exercise precaution in possibly coming into contact with bodily fluids or other potential hazards. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be able to work at times under stressful conditions and which includes potential for unpredictable actions and behaviors from clients.