To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Products and Technology Job Details
We are hiring a Principal data scientist to lead the data science efforts on guiding Slack platform evolution. The Platform ecosystem is a critical component of Slacks strategy to become the place where work happens. It enables users to truly customize Slack and integrate their everyday tools to streamline and speed up work.
In this leadership role, you will work closely with the Platform product organization to understand and improve the product experience of app developers and builders - non-technical people leveraging Slacks no-code platform tools. As Slack builds out its next generation of Platform capabilities, youll lead the efforts on unearthing insights and building a complete picture of what users build in Slack. You will also design and establish the foundational data infrastructure to enable measurement of various Platform tools. At the same time, you will partner closely with product researchers, designers, and engineers to uncover user experience gaps and opportunities, and influence future product roadmaps accordingly.
Success in this role requires analytical savviness, problem-solving sophistication, a willingness to roll up your sleeves and a dedication to make the highest impact possible. We are looking for someone that can think on their feet and thrives in a dynamic environment.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culturewe look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello? What you'll be doing:
What you should have:
- Establish strong partnership with product stakeholders in identifying opportunities, prioritize roadmaps, define and implement execution excellence, and coach and mentor team members for execution excellence
- Evangelize evidence-based decision making by partnering with key decision makers and driving general accessibility of data and insights
- Apply various data science methods to understand usage patterns of developers and builders who create on the Slack Platform
- Perform evidence-based evaluations of the most important drivers of increased adoption of the Platform capabilities
- Build out key success metrics and reporting for the Platform product organization
- Prototype foundational data pipelines and partner with the data engineering organization to elevate these into canonical sources of truth for Platform metrics
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities to improve the experience of users who want to build apps in Slack
- Organize disparate facts and analyses into coherent narratives that evaluate the success of and influence product strategy
- Set a compelling vision and prioritize work based on product strategies and overall goals
- Partner closely with product researchers, align roadmaps and collaborate on projects to answer complex questions
- Build strong partnership and alignment with our data cross-functional partners, including Data Engineering and Business Intelligence, to author and develop core data sets and empower operational and exploratory analysis
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $166,600. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: LI-Y Accommodations
- 7+ years of experience in product data science in related tech industries, 2+ years experience in a product DS managerial role a plus
- A consistent record of using data to drive product teams to achieve ambitious goals and influencing company-level outcomes.
- BS degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Physics); An advanced degree (MS, PhD) in a quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Economics, Physics) a strong plus
- Expertise in at least one programming language for data analysis (e.g. Python, R, Scala)
- Experience working with data technologies that allow analysis of large amounts of data (e.g. Spark, Presto, Hive, Hadoop, etc). Familiarity with Apache Airflow is a strong plus.
- Experience in schema design, data modeling, and building data pipelines.
- Experience building frameworks, standards, and other tools to simplify and automate key data science and analytics work.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form () . Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with () or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the Most Admired Companies in the World and one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For eleven years in a row, and named Innovator of the Decade and one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something thats so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.