Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit .
Guidehouse is looking for a Managing Consultant with deep technical experience to support oversight, assessment, and project management efforts on government technology projects. The Consultant will conduct and at times lead project management and assessment activities on technology solutions which may include custom implementations, COTS or transfer systems, and legacy system replacements. The Consultant must be a strong written and oral communicator and be comfortable interacting with clients and will serve as a trusted advisor to senior government leadership. This position will support current and new projects in all phases of the software development life cycle, including oversight and assessment of planning, analysis, procurement, requirements, design, testing and implementation efforts of technology projects. Additionally, projects may utilize a range of methodologies such as agile, waterfall or hybrid models. As such, the Consultant must be knowledgeable and practiced in a broad range of information technology processes. The Consultant will develop or contribute to written assessment reports and status reports with findings and recommendations. These findings and recommendations ensure that projects address risk, provide actionable input, and are tracked to completion. A Managing Consultant is also expected to have direct reports. A Managing Consultant must be able to effectively model Guidehouse RIISE principles and effectively execute people development activities according to Guidehouse standards.
- Monitor the technical aspects of the project and the vendor and/or client activities providing input and guidance that supports efficiencies to the client and project.
- Assess technical design, system architecture, implementation strategy, and hardware, software, and network requirements of the project
- Identify and recommend project management and technical processes, methodologies, and tools to minimize risk and validate content.
- Lead a portion of technology projects in review and assessment of replacement vendor tasks and work products, including providing recommendations for acceptance.
- Monitor the scope, schedule, and budget of the technology projects.
- Support the client management and stakeholders to plan for and address risks and issues as they occur, to ensure that the project remains on schedule and within budget.
- Make recommendations for improvement of processes based on observations, industry standards, and best practices
- Coordinating teams including establishing operating models and implementing methodologies to deliver global complex and high-risk multi-year programs;
- Develop and manage master integration management plans, critical dependency milestone trackers, and dashboards, tracking key program status updates and issues/risks, performing action item management for complex programs, including management of interface with infrastructure, communications, cyber, development and finance workstreams, utilizing project management tools;
- Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries;
- Strong program management skills with experience managing and delivering complex and critical programs
- Support business development by identifying new opportunities and assisting with proposal development Substantial knowledge of leading operational frameworks/methodologies such as: PMBOK, Lean, Scrum, SAFe, Iterative/Agile, MBSE, Design Thinking, Kanban, XP, Six Sigma, CMMI
+ + At least 1, preferably more, of the following certifications: SPC5, CSPO, CSM, PSM, PMI ACP, PMP, Six Sigma Green/Black Belt, PgMP
- Bachelor's degree in Comp Science or related field from an accredited college/university
- 6+ years of experience with planning, management, implementation, operations, or maintenance of a large technology projects
- 6+ years of experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, from inception through decommissioning/retirement
- 5+ years of overall IT industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in creating and managing project risks/issues, and client reporting
- 5+ years of experience in risk management and mitigation
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in core management consulting skills and the ability to lead clients through solution development including experience in areas such as stakeholder management, communications, budgeting and financial management, system development and implementation, and project/process/program management
- Experience managing and delivering large scale custom development or systems integration projects using Agile, hybrid and waterfall delivery methodology
- Demonstrates experiences leading all phases of a business solution delivery life cycle, including planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, and deploying for large-scale technology transformation involving digital cloud-based technologies, technical infrastructure, and network access
- Deep knowledge of web-related technologies, methodologies, and best practices
- Deep understanding of project/program/portfolio measurement and reporting
- Demonstrates knowledge and/or a proven record of success in key facets of state and local government
- Experience with technical project/program/portfolio management
- Strong program management, communication and presentation skills including the ability to liaise with technical and business teams and clearly articulate technology concepts to business audiences, to drive projects to completion
- Strong ability to cultivate and grow productive working relationships
- Ability to lead by example and model Guidehouse RIISE values
- Ability to maintain composure during stress/crisis situations
- Ability to generate content for Market consumption that demonstrates thought leadership and subject matter expertise in Guidehouse core competencies/markets
- Ability to lead meetings and deliver presentations to internal or external groups (virtual/live)
- Demonstrated track record of continuous self-improvement
- Managing multiple engagements and client needs
- Prioritizing tasks in a client-driven environment
- Providing direction to junior employees or team members
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues, and answering questions
- Creating a positive environment while managing staff workloads
- Building effective working relationships with organizational managers
- Exhibiting IT implementation skills, specifically with large-scale technology transformation programs (i.e., strategy through execution)
- Demonstrating IT strategy skills by being able to develop and document business visions, technology strategies, and project roadmaps
- Demonstrating IT documentation skills in producing technical deliverables through all phases of the SDLC (requirements, business analyses, data-flow diagrams, data models, design)
- Communicating knowledge of the SDLC and product and project life cycles by using business analysis and data architecture
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
The salary range for this role is $120,000.00 - $150,000.00, based on the candidates qualifications and/or experience.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
..... click apply for full job details