Platform Solution Strategist, GTM Platform Strategy
Join us as we pursue a disruptive new vision to turn data into doing here at Splunk! We are a company filled with people passionate about our product that seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, were committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each others success. Thats probably why Fortune has selected Splunk () as one of its 100 Best Companies to Work For () , Best Workplaces for Women () and a top-10 " Workplaces in Technology () " company in 2021! Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Target Locations: Remote (US)
At Splunk, an Platform Solution Strategist is a global-level group of experts, builders and leaders. We drive customer success and innovation in Splunks products, customers, and partners worldwide. The Platform Strategists leverage their deep technical experiences to equip Splunks field technical teams with the best capabilities to drive Platform and Cloud opportunities while creating and leading strategic initiatives that continue to position Splunk as the Data Platform for the Hybrid World. A Strategist must have deep technical capability across Cloud Technologies, Microservices Architectures, Multi-cloud, Hybrid, Cloud Migrations, Cloud Workloads, Cloud Native Technologies, Infrastructure as Code, Kubernetes, OpenTelemetry, App Development, Mobile, and Edge Computing. Our team engages with customers and partners to deliver cutting edge integrations and capabilities, with an eye towards influencing both company direction and the industry at large. This role requires a creative, technical doer empowered to make a difference and have fun doing it!
Each Strategist will have a primary and secondary focus. Areas of focus we are hiring for include:
- Cloud Migrations. Hybrid Cloud Architecture. Multi-Cloud Architecture.
- App Development industry best practices.
- UX industry best practices.
- Machine Learning industry best practices and developments.
As an integral part of the GTM Platform Strategy team, you will own the ideation and development of technical assets to help our field technical sellers and partners position value based solutions to help our customers achieve success.
- Partner with product, marketing, technical sales and customer success to ideate and develop new initiatives for growth.
- Strategize with account teams on how to best position Splunks Platform portfolio to achieve customer success.
- Provide expert industry knowledge at customer executive meetings.
- Create external facing presentations to convey the value of Splunk Platform and Cloud solutions.
- Host an internal webinar to up-level our account teams in relevant Cloud technologies.
- Present at an external Cloud or Industry conference on a Splunk-relevant topic.
- Contribute a blog post to our external blog site detailing a recent engagement or development.
- Write code to integrate with Cloud-relevant technologies.
- Provide strategic guidance to our product teams and be willing to not only alert on issues, but to proactively help solve them.
- Develop and lead deep-dive, hands-on workshops with customers that demonstrably prove Splunks value to their organization and help earn customer technical trust.
- Minimum of 3+ years or work experience in Cloud, Observability or closely related fields.
- Deep understanding of current technologies and trends in cloud, app development and microservices architecture deployment methodologies.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in one or more of the following areas Cloud Technologies, Microservices Architectures, Multi-cloud, Hybrid, Cloud Migrations, Cloud Workloads, Cloud Native Technologies, Infrastructure as Code, Kubernetes, OpenTelemetry, App Development, Mobile, and Edge Computing.
- Previous experience as a practitioner in a specific discipline in either a research, consulting or operations role is required.
- Demonstrable experience delivering technology evangelism and enablement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills with a portfolio of works to demonstrate acumen.
- Self-motivated problem solver in highly complex environments.
- Experience with one or more of the following: AWS, GCP, Azure, K8s, Puppet, Chef, Terraform or Ansible.
- Hands-on experience in application development in at least one framework.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big datagenerated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. Its what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
Weve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQs, soccer, Fun Fridays.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQs, soccer and Fun Fridays.
This isnt a job its a life changer are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labors EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunks Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunks Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunks website should send comments to . Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
..... click apply for full job details