It is with great pleasure that we are able to announce this vacancy. We are looking for a Planner on behalf of our client based on the edge of the Lake District national park. The successful applicant will be in a stand alone role liaising with planning support providers, clients and other departments of the business.
Hours of work are Monday -Thursday 8.00am-4.00pm and Fridays 8.00am-1.00pm. With a competitive salary on offer and benefits such as car allowance, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), company discount scheme and attractive pension. This is certainly an opportunity not to be missed!
Duties of the role include:
- As part of the Commercial Team support the operational team in the successful planning and control of project delivery utilising a range of planning and reporting tools and techniques, in particular P6 Primavera.
- Ensure that project reporting requirements are met for both internal and external clients, with particular reference to the NEC3 suite of contracts.
- Programme support for Tenders.
- Work with the project team to ensure project schedules are accurately developed and maintained with accurate resource.
- Ensure the programme meets the contractual requirements.
- Address planning issues that arise and adapt plans to ensure project delivery.
- Attend and participate in progress meetings
- Monitor and report on the progress of the Project, including establishing Earned value. Escalating if the project is not running to timescales and cost plans agreed.
- Working collaboratively , develop and maintain key Client relationships, including working with Client Representatives and Planners to establish an overarching Plan to provide an extended resource plan and avoid work downturn
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the planning and commercial team
- Available to spend at least one week away from the office and on site per month
- Previous experience of working in a planning capacity is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Full UK Driving Licence as there will be an element of travel involved with the role
- Previous experience of using CMAR management tools is advantageous
Due to the high volume of candidates responding to our adverts unfortunately we are not always able to provide individual feedback. If you don't hear from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however keep your details on file and you may be contacted about other opportunities in the future.