Regional health care provider serving a six-county area in central Pennsylvania is seeking a BE/BC Trauma & Emergency General Surgeon to join its team. Trauma & Emergency General Surgery provides trauma surgery services and acute care general surgery at a 400 bed tertiary care hospital. Trauma service area is comprised of 20 counties and a service area population over 1 million. It is a PA Trauma Systems Foundation accredited level 2 trauma center.
About the Hospital
- Seeking BC/BE surgeon with fellowship training in surgical critical care, acute care surgery or trauma critical care
- Practice case mix is 65% trauma/35% non-trauma.
- Group includes 8 physician assistants and a trauma ICU.
- Annual patient volume is 1800+ patients with approximately 95% being blunt trauma.
- Surgeons work a flexible schedule with a combination of 10 and 12 hour shifts inclusive of dedicated rotations in trauma, ICU and acute care general surgery.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Benefits Package includes health, dental, vision insurance; pension, generous CME allowance
400-bed regional health care system provides care to nearly 350,000 residents in central Pennsylvania. UPMC Altoona is a level II trauma center, regional oncology center, and a Joint Commission certified stroke center. The hospital provides comprehensive cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, vascular and endovascular surgery, behavioral health, vascular and wound care. The Health System s medical staff is comprised of approximately 400 primary care physicians and specialists. About Our Community
The Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region provides an opportunity to celebrate the change of seasons, appreciate an outdoor lifestyle, and enjoy a balance between work and play. The area is rich in culture, excellent schools, sports, outdoor recreation, shopping and dining experience