Cardiology-Electrophysiology opening in Jacksonville, Florida.
Wolfson Children s Hospital in Jacksonville Florida is seeking a second full-time electrophysiologist to join the Division of Pediatric Cardiology comprised of 11 board-certified physicians across nine locations spanning seven counties.
Terry Heart Institute with Wolfson Children s Hospital provides the full spectrum of diagnostic, comprehensive electrophysiology, congenital heart care, and invasive and interventional cardiology. The surgical service is staffed by two full-time congenital heart surgeons. The cardiovascular intensive care unit is staffed round the clock by cardiac intensivists and advanced providers.
What You Can Expect
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Participate in a busy electrophysiology service with a regional reputation for excellence
- Working in invasive and noninvasive electrophysiology and device management
- You will work with an experienced electrophysiologist, an advanced nurse practitioner and a device nurse.
- Handling a busy inpatient service with consults across the Baptist health system, along with a referral base that extends from Southeast Georgia, Tallahassee, and Daytona Beach.
- Candidates with an interest in developing novel programs such as a cardio-genetics clinic targeting channelopathies or supporting a busy autonomic dysfunction clinic will be preferred.
- An interest in expanding our busy intracardiac device and event monitoring program.
- Candidates pursuing a part-time position or those with an interest in a hybrid position in electrophysiology and another pediatric subspecialty such as heart failure will also be considered.
- This position does not involve taking calls for general cardiology services.
- The ability to teach fellows/residents/medical students, advanced providers, nurses and clinical research, and/or other scholarly endeavors.
What You Will Need
- Board certified/Board eligible in Pediatric Cardiology (MD/DO)
- Ability to obtain a Florida medical license and Georgia medical license
- Fellowship in pediatric cardiology completed
- Advanced training in pediatric electrophysiology
Who We Are
Wolfson Children s Hospital is the largest and most comprehensive pediatric heart care program in the Northeast region. The team partners with maternal and fetal medicine, pediatric primary care, and other pediatric specialty physicians. At our core, we strive for clinical integration, quality outcomes, and the opportunity to build robust practices and careers.
As the only children s hospital between Atlanta, GA, and Miami, FL, Wolfson Children s Hospital is dedicated to helping children overcome severe illnesses like congenital heart disease, cancer, neurological disorders, diabetes, and more. The hospital has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the best children s hospitals in the U.S and is staffed by skilled pediatric subspecialty physicians, pediatric nurses, and other health care professionals. Wolfson is a regional referral center for tertiary pediatric care and is one of two children s hospitals in Florida to receive Magnet status. Centrally located on the beautiful St. Johns River, 202-bed Wolfson Children s Hospital is a part of Baptist Health.
There s a Place for You Here about Jacksonville
Jacksonville holds something spectacular for every interest whether you prefer to indulge in the arts, energize your inner Anthony Bourdain by exploring different cuisines, seek the excitement of attending a professional sporting event, or just place your toes in the sand and let the Atlantic sunrise start your morning Jacksonville is home for you! There are multitudes of suburban, urban, or beachfront living that will fit any budget or lifestyle. You ll have immediate access to an international airport and a quick drive finds you right in the middle of the most magical place in the world of theme parks. Jacksonville is a community that offers a wide variety of stellar public and private school districts and the safety of our Big Small Town .
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend someone who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Carol Harden at Click Here to Apply