Lunenburg Branch - Lunenburg, MAPosition Type
Part TimeJob Category
Job DescriptionTitle: Teller I Employment Status: Part TimeDepartment: Branch Location: BranchHours:
Under the general direction of the Teller Supervisor/Assistant Manager the Teller is responsible for a wide variety of customer service. This Teller's positions talent and experience must blend with the MSB values to effectively provide superior customer service to the Bank's customers and fellow employees. Duties include but not limited to: Providing a variety of customer savings, checking and loan payment transactions, as well as customer service such as the sale of Money Orders and Travelers Checks and Gift Cards in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures. Additionally, this position embraces the established sales and service culture while maximizing their contribution to the Bank's goals.
As a member of the Retail Branch team and reporting directly to the Assistant Manager / Branch Supervisor, the Teller I position is Main Street Bank's entry level Teller I Position. The Teller I Position, is responsible for handling all types of banking transactions, including but not limited to: savings, checking and loan payment transactions as well as customer service such as the sale of Money Orders and Treasurer's Checks. The Teller I is also responsible for directing customers to other departments when conducting non-deposit transactions in accordance with established bank policies and procedures. This position is also expected to embrace the established sales and service culture to maximize their contribution to the Bank's goals. ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Open and organize teller workstation maintaining adequate cash, forms, and supply inventories for the day's activities.
- Process wide variety of customer transactions. Deposits, withdrawals, dispersing cash, loan, and mortgage payments. Processing and disbursing checks, money orders, and account transfers.
- Promotes and explains banks services such as Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Safe Deposit Boxes.
- Cashing customers checks within the limits of the Bank's policies placing holds as necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of daily activities and initiate proper balancing procedures at the end of each work shift, reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Bank policies, products, and services
- Maintain an active role as a "team member" in department/branch, assisting with the Bank's overall growth goals by successfully promoting new business.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required in order to continue the high standard of customer service.
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and act as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- Employee will periodically throughout the year be required to participate in community events that may be outside of normal business hours.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interacts independently with members of the community to conduct banking needs; resolves customer issues as needed
- Work is non-routine and relies on related experience, training and specific bank policies and procedures
- Work is directly supervised
- Smart Phone - To enable the MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) facilitating access to MSB systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Related customer service and/or cash handling experience preferred
- Successful completion of in-house training program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Accurate attention to detail
- Sound Judgement
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Good mathematical problem solving
- Creative and Resourceful
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems
Thework skills described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, about banking products, their bank accounts & transactions and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank's standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, managers, vendors, and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret a variety documents such as checks and bank statements.
The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to: Physical Demands/Efforts
Mental & Visual Demands
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. cash drawer, coin)
- Frequently required to remain in a stationary position, 50% of the time
- Occasionally required to stoop and bend
Work Environment and Hazards
- Regularly operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
- Regularly move throughout the inside the Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasional local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. coverage, training, community events).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
The completion of this Application for Employment does not assure a position with Main Street Bank and any offer of employment is conditioned on the satisfactory completion of a background and credit review as determined by the sole discretion of Main Street Bank. Neither this Application for Employment nor any document constitutes a contract of employment for a specific term and that any employment relationship that may be established will be 'at-will' and if hired, may be terminated at any time, for any reason, by the applicant or Main Street Bank.
Massachusetts Law - It is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.
Massachusetts General Laws c. 151B prohibits employers from (1) terminating or refusing to hire individuals on the basis of genetic information; (2) requesting genetic information concerning employees, applicants, or their family members; (3) attempting to induce individuals to undergo genetic tests or otherwise disclose genetic information; (4) using genetic information in any way that affects the terms and conditions of an individual's employment; or (5) seeking..... click apply for full job details