Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Stony Brook, New York.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Outpatient Geriatric Psychiatry (PSYCH)
- Base salary + Production component salary determined upon boards, fellowship, and years of practice.
- Two separate pension plans we match at 12%!
- Employer will contribute 12% of your annual salary with or without contribution, per year. You do not have to put in a penny unless you want to contribute more. Free Money-Vested at 3 years of service.
- Outstanding Benefits-Union:
- Medical benefits are through the state and your family will never have to worry.
- Paid Time Off
- 39 days off: 3 weeks plus 12 holidays plus 12 sick days year one, 4 weeks plus 12 holidays plus 12 sick days year two.
- Malpractice and tail are 100% covered.
- CME: $3,500
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FACILITY DETAILS Outpatient Geriatric Psychiatry (PSYCH)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS Outpatient Geriatric Psychiatry (PSYCH)
- The Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry will serve as an Attending Psychiatrist in the Geriatric Outpatient Psychiatry Program.
- Responsibilities include direct patient care in the geriatric outpatient clinic including diagnostic evaluations, follow-up care, and teaching and supervision of medical students, residents and fellows.
- We have much growth in telepsychiatry with immense success. Providers will experience the gratification of being able to serve a variety of patients throughout the state of New York both in person and via telemedicine and engage patients that may not otherwise have access to psychiatric services.
- Shifts totaling 40 hours per week with cross coverage as necessary, including weekend/holiday coverage for a 28-bed Inpatient Adult Psychiatry Unit and consults (one day of call approximately once every 7-8 weeks).
- There are also opportunities for research involving dementia, depression and aging related studies at the Center of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease (CEAD).
- MD/DO with Board Eligibility or Board Certification or Fellowship in Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Clinical experience in Geriatric Psychiatry
- Teaching experience in Psychiatry.
- Experience in Telepsychiatry.
- Track record of research.
COMMUNITY Outpatient Geriatric Psychiatry (PSYCH)
- Live 40 minutes from New York City:
- Minutes from several beaches
- 1.5 million people live in the county.
- Private and public school as well as Universities
- Diverse restaurants, shopping malls
- The area is home to one of the largest shopping malls in the country.
- Waterfront homes and gated communities
- Public transportation options
- Trains, RideSharing
- Two International Airports with direct flights to destinations all around the wo
REFERENCE NUMBER: 170471
ABOUT DELTA PHYSICIAN PLACEMENT
Delta Physician Placement (DPP), the permanent staffing division of The Delta Companies, identifies qualified Physicians, Advanced Practitioners, Allied Health, and Therapist on behalf of healthcare facilities nationwide. A single point of contact assists you with coordinating communication with the hiring manager, negotiating contractual details, and coordinating any necessary travel. The company has been recognized with several Best of Staffing Awards. Visit for more information.