Offset First Press Operator
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Versailles, KY
The Offset First Press Operator will manage the print process and crew. This position is responsible for set up and operation of Press equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continuously monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping the press maintained mechanically.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Plans and organizes the job by reviewing schedule and job ticket, identifying priorities, assigning roles, and maintaining production records
- Monitors signature quality by setting and monitoring color
- Maintains register, fold, and compensation, identifying and correcting problems
- Sets up/operates equipment by setting up press computers, units, folder, and auxiliary equipment and performing preventative maintenance
- Keeps work area clean and safety as a priority
- Focus on employee training
- Maintain a Quality product , solid production to goals set for press and focus on safety
- Must be able to accurately identify color defects on product
- Able to match the product to the sample from the customer
- Able to utilize the computer to ensure quality of product
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Managing employees as the lead operator using leadership skills.
- Able to stand up to 12 hours on a cement floor
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Able to web up press
- Able to match the product to customer sample proof or Book
- Must have eye/hand coordination when inside the unit while making adjustments
- Able to utilize the computer to ensure quality of the product
- Able to accurately identify color defects on product
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 859-879-4140 or .