Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Downey, California.
Want to make a real difference in the lives you touch? LOOK NO FURTHER.
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you.
As part of our continued growth we have new opportunity for Full-time Nurse Practitioner to join our Float team. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient's needs.
- Optum Primary Clinic Locations: Downey, Lynwood and Whittier
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- See patients in Primary Care setting
- Initial consults, well checks, physicals, follow up appointments
- Average Patients Per Day: 20 patients
- Comfortable seeing patients from toddlers to geriatrics
- Master's degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification beyond a four-year college.
- Certificate of completion from an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Current AANP Certification required
- Unrestricted CA PA/NP license
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- Minimum one-year Primary Care experience required
- Comfortable seeing patients of all ages
- EMR Proficient
- Travel to Optum clinics in designated region
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Excellent patient care and time management skills
- Ability to work in fast pace environment, team player, adaptable to changing priorities
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you'll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.