Emergency Department Nurse Manager needed to join a top hospital in central NY
Their facilities are where people in the region come for advanced care, such as: open-heart surgery, daVinci robot-assisted surgery, specialized cancer treatment, advanced vascular care, trauma care, neurosurgery, and advanced orthopedic and spine care.
The Medical Group is comprised of a full-time, salaried staff numbering more than 400 physicians and other advanced practice clinicians who provide primary and specialty care at the affiliated Clinic and staff the Medical Center.
Why work here?
- They have a group employed model of physicians, providers, ancillary team members, hospitals and health centers serving patients across eight counties
- They're an academic medical center advancing the health care of people living in rural Central New York
- State-of-the-art technology supporting and adapting to an ever-changing health care delivery system
- Expansive and integrated health care network covering 5,000 square miles and comprised of 6 affiliated hospitals, more than 28 regional health centers, over 18 school-based health centers and a research Institute
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- BSN Required / Masters preferred
- 5+ years as a RN, 3+ of which in leadership roles
- Manages 25+ FTEs
- Assumes primary responsibility for hiring staff and planning/implementing corrective action plans
- Supervises department management staff and others within the department
- Establishes and monitors operating performance standards for the department which ensure the effective day-to-day operation of the department
Additionally, the manager has a variety of department wide high-level responsibilities, including budget preparation, financial analysis, performance improvement, staff supervision and serving as the primary back up in the absence in their Assistant Nurse Manager. The Manager will have direct responsibility and oversight of the employees in their cost centers/divisions.
For more information or if you have any questions, please email .