The Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer is responsible for monitoring our client's infrastructure and responding to incidents and outage situations. The NOC Engineer will analyze problems, perform troubleshooting and incident response, communicate with clients, and drive all problems to resolution. In this role, you will work as part of the Cloud and Managed Service team and in close partnership with the Engineering team to represent Development Group's core values and company goals. This Hourly/Non-Exempt position reports to the Network Operations Center Manager Salary Range - Range based upon experience and certification level
Grade 9-11: $48,300 - $90,500 Engineer II (CCNP)Essential Position Functions
NOC Engineers troubleshoot and resolve routine and complex network, hardware, and OS issues in a timely and efficient manner and are directly responsible for keeping our clients network infrastructure available and reliable. Other essential functions of this position include:
- Respond to network incidents reported via DGI's network monitoring platform (Logicmonitor) and restore service in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Provide direct support to DGI customers to resolve technical issues reported by customers via phone or email escalations.
- Provide succinct communication on restoration steps and record these within DGI's ticketing system (Autotask).
- Produce accurate Troubleshooting Guides in accordance with documentation standards to support DGI's Knowledge Management program.
- Provide regular status updates to customers regarding open tickets in accordance with DGI's company policies.
- Provide recommendations to customers and the DGI leadership team to improve the stability of any infrastructure components within the Managed Services Portfolio.
- Perform standard moves, adds, and changes (MACD's) within the Cisco collaboration ecosystem.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Other Responsibilities
- Responsible for driving / advocating continual improvement in customer experience to increase brand loyalty.
- Must meet or exceed individual performance goals as developed and reviewed.
- Follow company policies and procedures to ensure business opportunities adhere to established processes.
- Understand business challenges and problems facing customers.
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame; maintain relevant certifications.
- Understand overall company goals, align priorities and activities to reflect and support those goals.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification or better preferred.
- 3-5 years working as a Network Engineer, or within a Network Operations Center preferred.
- Strong understanding of routing and switching utilizing Cisco, Cisco Meraki, HP, and Juniper.
- Strong understanding of Cisco enterprise wireless technologies.
- Strong understanding of network security principles leveraging Cisco ASA/Firepower, Cisco ISE, Palo Alto, and Fortinet.
- Basic understanding of Cisco applications such as Prime, DNA Center, and StealthWatch.
- Basic Understanding of Cisco Collaboration deployments utilizing Cisco Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC), Cisco IM & Presence (IM&P), Cisco Emergency Responder (CER), and Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) is desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of the OSI model, switching and Internet routing technologies.
- Must have a demonstrative ability to identify issues within the service architecture and work with both leadership and peers to find solutions.
- Possess superior customer-focused skills which will produce success supporting customers of varying degrees of sophistication and computer literacy.
- Work well in a busy team environment, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate positive outcomes for customers and DGI in conflict situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential for case management and development of Knowledge Base articles.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Capable of multi-tasking, good time management and prioritization of workload.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Must be self-confident, possesses a strong work ethic, and be continually focused on improvement, innovation, and bottom-line results.
- Ability to excel under pressure while managing customer expectations.
- Ability to recognize own capabilities and take initiative to continually improve; ability to seek out feedback on self.
- Ability to get things done; able to exercise personal influence, resolve conflict, and bring about required behaviors.
- Must be organized and analytical with attention to detail and accuracy of work product; able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Must maintain professional demeanor in any given situation.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources