Headquartered out of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, with over 300 employees globally, Magnet is continuing to expand and grow. Where we are today, is not where we will be tomorrow.
As a Network/Cloud Solutions Architect, you will work in coordination with our Solutions Delivery Team (SDT). You will design, implement, and support our solution in varying types of customer infrastructures.
A quote from your leader...
As a Network/Cloud Solutions Architect you will aid in design, implementation, maintenance, and support of Magnet's growing products and deployments into net new and current customer infrastructures. You will also work with forensic tools, software's and procedures that offer unique opportunities to really delve into the world of Digital Forensics and the challenges that come along with it.
What You Will Accomplish
- Maintain services requirements using best practices, including hardware, network, and virtualization
- Create and update documentation including design specifications, project documentation, Knowledge Base, and Standard Operating --Procedure documents
- Review Network and Storage Architectures and propose resilient architectures to support current daily business operations and future growth (including possible DR/BCP solutions)
- Highlight design risks, provide alternative options, and recommend a quality solution to specified problems.
- Provides subject matter expertise and leadership in the areas of network and storage technologies as well as cross-training and knowledge sharing with other team members
- Review network utilization and performance trends, and troubleshoot common issues
- Set project implementation approach for team, customer, and external supplier activities and deliverables.
What We Are Looking For
We're looking for someone who checks off most, but not all, of the boxes listed in "skills and experiences". It's more important to us to find candidates who can display indicators of success through skills they have developed and experiences they have been a part of, than to find folks who have 'been there, done that". We want to be part of your development journey, and we'll learn as much from you as you learn from us.
There are a couple must haves, but we will keep that list short:
- Experience in Virtualization, Network, and Storage Engineering or within the IT field.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Expert knowledge in Windows and Linux operating systems is essential
- Hands-on experience with different storage technologies - SAN, NAS and with network redundancy technologies, such as network interface bonding
- Working experience in access control systems and the effect on downstream technologies
In addition, may have some of the following skills and experiences:
- Experience with cloud-based computing services such as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS.
- Experience with Hybrid deployments - physical and virtual machines (both on-prem and cloud)
- Working knowledge in Cloud deployments - especially Azure and AWS
- Working knowledge in Kubernetes
- Knowledge of CEPH
Note that travel is a part of this role and can be expected about 25% of the time.
The Most Important Thing
We're looking for candidates that can provide examples of how they have demonstrated Magnet InteGRITy in their previous experiences:
Greater Good - We think beyond our own interests and strive to improve communities around the world. This demonstrates our passion for making a difference in the world.
Respect - We hold ourselves accountable through transparent sharing of information and we have faith in each other's abilities
Innovation - We lead the industry in excellence and reliability while keeping the user experience simple and relevant. We are not afraid to push the boundaries to stay ahead of our competitors.
Teamwork - We collaborate internally and externally, while caring about each other and listening to our customers.
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at or , if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.