If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most successful logistics organizations we are looking for a new National Customs Brokerage Processes Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Customs team in Jersey City, NJ.
To ensure the business is receiving the appropriate level of support and performance of systems, both current and future to enable the business to achieve its technology related objectives. In addition, the National Brokerage Processes Manager will work extensively with brokerage operations leadership and shared service center leadership to ensure business processes are efficient utilizing technology in the best possible ways. Support the Head Process & System National Manager in the field of process management, create process maps and descriptions, measure and monitor key performance indicators, and extend support to Kuehne+Nagel departments. This incumbent will be based in Mississauga, ON office.
- Oversee overall cross-border operations, remaining current with customs related regulations, & industry changes to effectively lead the management, execution, and oversight of business processes.
- Deliver process workshops (internal & external / customers).
- Create and analyze process documentation for improvement & optimization potential in the areas of productivity, quality, customer service and strategy support.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and documentation of essential processes.
- Define 'user stories' and 'system requirements'.
- Conduct Risk management to examine project outcomes, identify impact and recommend appropriate steps to mitigate them.
- Support Kuehne-Nagel departments during phases of transition.
- Develop cost-benefit analysis, predict impact, and develop proposals for decision making.
- Responsible for producing and summarizing various daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
- Review department goals and business plan periodically with staff to ensure buy-in and accountability.
- Engage with internal business partners to identify areas of potential non-compliance, and develop plans and processes to address and rectify problems effectively.
- Design and implement new initiatives and processes for the market or the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Skills and Experiences
- College or University degree in management; business or engineering field preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of process management experience including a minimum of 1-2 years in a management level.
- Skills in Process Management; Project Management (agile) and Change Management.
- Knowledge in Customs Brokerage is considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills, including full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) designation is considered an asset.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.