The Model Maker Painting/Finishing position will require a self-driven worker who has great attention for detail especially when it comes to painting and finishing. The ideal candidate will be able to finish individual parts and models as requested, while also being able to contribute to the fabrication of components and assemblies.
How you will make an impact:
- Utilize 3M Accuspray equipment in a Blowtherm downdraft paint booth to apply a variety of finishes
- Organize and maintain the paint area
- Put the finishing touches on models that could be shown across the globe
- Assist in fabrication and assembly of parts and components
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- 1-5 years relevant model making and/or painting experience
- Attention to detail showcased through a portfolio of relevant work
- Experience with HVLP spray guns, buffing and polishing equipment, as well as other finishing tools and processes
- Familiarity and skill with all the commonly used woodshop tools (table saw, drill press, etc.)
- Familiarity with laser cutters, vinyl cutters and printers
- Should be comfortable with SolidWorks, Adobe suite, and AutoCAD
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Proficiency reading shop drawings
- Be able to maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Resume or CV
- A digital portfolio (or a website link) showing creativity and craftsmanship throughout the design process research, ideation, manual and digital visualizations, and digital and physical modeling.
- Applicants who do not submit a portfolio will not be considered.
One hour from the beach, Boston, and the mountains, the historic Amoskeag Millyard once housed the largest textile mills in the world. It is now home to DEKA Research and Development, where we are taking the same innovation and cutting-edge technology into the modern age.
Behind DEKAs brick walls sits a team of professionals who strive to make a difference every day through thoughtful engineering, design, and manufacturing. Here at DEKA, some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time are created, and new ideas are always welcome and explored.
Powered by JazzHR