How You'll Make an Impact:
Provide mobile, diagnostic echocardiographic scans for physician diagnosis utilizing portable echocardiography equipment and appropriate technical knowledge and skills. Echo exams may be performed in a variety of settings, including private residences, senior care facilities, short-term rehabilitation facilities, specialty clinics, and correctional facilities. Eco technologist needs to be creative to position the patient's body to capture a clear image for the cardiologist to assess. Additional experience in general vascular ultrasound procedures a plus.
What You'll Do:
- Travels in a company-supplied vehicle to perform echocardiography studies for patients in a variety of service locations in the local community.
- Follows all company policies, procedures and protocols while performing echo exams.
- Demonstrates competence in performance of echocardiographic studies based on established protocols and procedures.
- Performs echocardiographic studies considering the age-specific physiological, emotional and cognitive needs of the patient
- Demonstrates understanding of cardiac disease processes in order to obtain complete acquisition of images for clinical diagnosis by the interpreting cardiologist
- Demonstrates safe work practices appropriate to position; i.e., how to report a safety hazard, proper body mechanics, or use of personal protective equipment.
- Collects or verifies all required order documentation and patient information prior to procedures.
- Prepares & positions patient for diagnostic imaging exams.
- Operates portable ultrasonic equipment with cardiac capabilities at patient's bedside or other designated exam settings.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician.
- Processes images and reviews for proper identification & quality control.
- Transmits images and all required associated documentation to cardiologist in a timely manner according to company protocols.
- Completes all forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed according to standard protocols.
- Uploads all required documents into company systems according to company protocols.
- Maintains equipment including cleaning and disinfecting according to company procedures
- Takes good care of vehicle; ensures that the vehicle is well stocked with necessary supplies prior to each shift.
- Operates and behaves in full compliance with all applicable local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Orients new staff and trains students, if requested.
- Assists with order taking, validation of studies, communication with reading cardiologists, customer call-backs and other administrative and customer support functions as directed.
- Acts professionally, and exhibits courtesy, friendliness, and a positive attitude when interacting with co-workers, patients, patient's family, client staff, physicians and others.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
What You Need:
- Adult Cardiac Sonographer with a satisfactory completion of an accredited non-invasive cardiovascular training program, with a focus in adult echocardiography and/or vascular ultrasound studies
- ARDMS registered in adult echocardiography with RDCS (AE) designation required
- Two (2) years' experience as a cardiac sonographer or vascular tech preferred.
- Additional Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) desired.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) required.
- Must have ability to perform quality and compete echocardiogram studies and possess excellent organizational skills to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and organize daily assignments of the job.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a working knowledge of other departmental procedures and equipment.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills to perform date entry.
Who We Are:
Professional Portable X-Ray, Inc. (PPX), a service line of DispatchHealth, provides state-of-the-art mobile x-rays and other diagnostic imaging services to thousands of patients in multiple states . We take pride in providing excellent patient care outside of the traditional hospital or clinic setting. Taking the time to listen to the needs of our patients, we always look for innovative ways to improve patient care, reduce costs and improve quality. PPX is proud to partner with DispatchHealth, a Denver based company, to expand our services across the United States and build the world's largest in-home care system to achieve the mission of delivering trusted and compassionate care to all.
Connect With Us:
Get to know us! Watch the video above to hear from healthcare professionals on what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook , Twitter and YouTube to learn more.