This position is eligible for a minimum $30K Sign-On Bonus
Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal applicants.
Principal Systems Security Engineer - Anti-Tamper
Do you want to protect our nation's weapons systems against threats?
Would you consider yourself a "non-standard thinker" fascinated by systems and security?
Do you like to dissect systems and understand how they work and go together?
If you answered yes to the above, with the ability to understand and communicate with other engineering disciplines, then Raytheon Missiles & Defense may have an excellent career opportunity for you at our Tucson, AZ facility. We have competitive benefits and relocation packages.
At Raytheon Missile & Defense you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across broader end-to-end solutions, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers. We want you to fulfill a systems engineer role developing Systems Security Engineering (SSE) solutions to protect the US war fighter's technology advantage. Systems Security Engineering creates holistic security solutions leveraging Anti-Tamper (AT), Software Assurance, and Supply Chain Risk Management to support Program Protection Implementation on embedded weapons systems.
The Principal Systems Security Engineer - Anti-Tamper is a role that requires strong systems engineering skills that will be used to develop innovative products and solutions to complex systems, including top level requirements development, requirements analysis and allocation, design, verification, integration, and production/field support. The position is in the Systems Design Center within the Systems Design & Architecture (SD&A) Directorate, responsible for programs in the following product lines: Air and Missile Defense Systems, Air Warfare Systems, Land Warfare systems, and Naval and Area Mission Defense.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Implement SSE solutions into RMDs products
- Interact with customer to define SSE requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness
- Support developing plans and estimates, task execution, project tracking, reporting, and risk identification and mitigation plans
- Plan and guide SSE implementations in customer systems
- Consult and assist program line management with SSE architectures and issues
- Developing top-level system requirements, and flowing down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystem
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and 8 years of prior relevant experience, or an Advanced Degree in a related field and 5 years of prior relevant experience. In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.
- Typically Eight (8) years of experience in the fields of computer technology reverse engineering, Anti Tamper, or other systems security engineering fields
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience in design, development and fielding of SSE systems
- Experience in the implementation and business growth of SSE implementation throughout the entire life cycle
- Experience in solutions meeting robust SSE systems security requirements
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, Computer Science, Engineering Science, Business Administration, and/or Robotics
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years desired
- Cyber Certifications in accordance with DoDD 8570/DoDD 8140 such as CISSP, GSLC, CEH
- Program management experience with SSE
- Broad understanding of technology and working knowledge of DODI-S-5230.28
- Aircraft/weapons integration experience
- Strategic planning and proposal writing skills
- Candidate must exhibit an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact positively with coworkers, suppliers, management, and customers in a team environment
- Experience contributing in a team environment for the purpose of developing creative solutions to technical problems
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding
RTX/RMD Company Overview Videos:
Raytheon Technologies Overview
How Missile Defense Works
Meeting the challenge: Ending hunger in our communities
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.