This position is eligible for a minimum of $30,000 Sign-On Bonus
Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal candidates
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your experience in warhead and energetics analysis?
Do you have experience with CTH, ALE-3D, Velodyne, or LS-Dyna?
Do you enjoy working with customers, both internal and external?
If you have answered "yes" to these questions, the Energetics and Propulsion Department at Missile Systems, wants to learn more about you!
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
This position is in the Energetics and Propulsion Department of the Mechanical Subsystems Directorate. This organization is responsible for the full spectrum of warhead, rocket motor, and all other energetic devices, including fuzing, initiation, and detonation mechanics. The need is for an Analyst/Designer of energetic components, including but not limited to Warheads, initiation trains, and transfer charges.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Provide performance and behavior predictions of weapon systems via hydrocode analysis
- Develop and process hydrocode models/meshes for energetics analysis
- Provide technical reviews of analyses
- Determine mitigation solutions for any issues identified via hydrocode analysis
- Frequently interface with the Customer to identify user needs
- Demonstrate ability to scope problems and work towards technical solutions in both team and self-driven environments in order to deliver value added results from fast paced hydrocode analyses
- Assist with knowledge capture and retention to train future hydrocode analysts
- Develop initial analysis models and update/re-run existing models.
- Analyze and evaluate warhead/propulsion systems
- Develop Analysis Reports/Presentations
- Support fact-finding and contract negotiations
- Test data reduction
- Generate warhead performance data files for use in performance assessments and requirements compliance
- Ensure technical rigor and depth of all deliverables
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 3 additional years of experience.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Principal Mechanical Engineer - Hydrocode Analysis Minimum of Eight (8) experience in hydrocode analysis
- Experience with any of the following Hydrocodes
- Experience with any of the following modeling techniques
- Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Ten (10) years of directly related experience with industry standard hydrocode analysis tools
- Experience conducting lethality analysis
- Project engineering skills and experience using Earned Value Management System
- Knowledge of ProENGINEER modeling tool
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Initiation and Firing Train Design, Analysis and testing,
- Energetic Subsystem Integration and Advanced Technologies (EFP, Shape Charges, Blast Fragmentation Design, etc)
- Matlab Programming, additional coding experience
- High strain rate sensitivity of material behavior and viscoplasticity
- Engineering Technical Writing and Analysis
- Schedule Estimation
- Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Power Point & Project) Experience
- Experience working on Linux OS
- Experience in the technical management of subcontracts on Government programs
- An advanced engineering or applied physics degree
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.