This position is eligible for a minimum of $20K Sign-On Bonus
Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal applicants.
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
This position is focused on, but not limited to, the design, development, integration, test, and maintenance of software as a part of on-site factory support of product testing. The selected candidate will develop applications, libraries, and instrument drivers using the software style, development language, and integrated development environment specified by the organization.
The selected candidate will participate on multidiscipline engineering teams. Typical work involves the development of both engineering and production test equipment, environments, and systems. As such, the candidate will contribute to the completion of all stages of test product development for RMD test products, and will be responsible for performing technical, cost and schedule management of their assigned projects. They will be expected to act, either as a part of their team or independently, to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of test products.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a production environment
- Demonstrating solid troubleshooting skills
- Working within an engineering team environment
- Utilizing written and interpersonal communication skills
- Developing requirements for software products
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of prior relevant experience OR In absence of a degree, nine (9) years of relevant experience is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional engineering experience developing and integrating software applications using object-oriented programming languages.
- Familiarity with advanced software principles, theories, and concepts. C# or C++ is required.
- Experience with Windows Operating System and Microsoft Visual Studio is required.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Working knowledge of computer architecture and computer hardware optimization techniques.
- Experience with the development and integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces. Knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RS-422.
- Professional engineering experience with laboratory test instrumentation, electronics, and software. Experience with NI VISA, NI Measurement and Automation Explorer, or NI Switch Executive is preferred.
- Professional experience developing automated test systems. Experience with National Instruments (NI) TestStand is preferred.
- Experience using the Unified Modeling Language (UML) to visualize software architecture and design. Experience with IBM Rhapsody or Cameo System Modeler and Cameo Enterprise Architecture.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles, such as Agile. Knowledge of Software Configuration Management principles. Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps Server.
What We Offer :
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here:
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.