Established in 2002 we manage the planning, design and construction of building projects. We work exclusively for owners. We are comprised of staff that comes from varied backgrounds including engineering, architecture, construction management, quantity surveying and business management. We aim to bring together a diverse team with different backgrounds to benefit from our collective knowledge. Our expertise includes the management and coordination of project planning and programming, design management, construction management, and the financial and risk management during all phases of a project.
We are actively seeking a highly talented MEP Project Manager.
- Conducts job site meetings with the Contractor including weekly progress meetings, quality, scheduling and phasing, payment, and other coordination or field activities as they occur.
- Works with the client, client representatives, staff and management in a collaborative manner.
- Monitors onsite construction activities including but not limited to, the verification of: Materials and equipment on hand, schedule invoices pertaining to materials, progress of onsite construction work and completion dates.
- Works with Owner and Contractors to find areas of opportunity to improve project and milestone schedule.
- Monitors Contractors' progress. Makes recommendations to Project Manager (PM) for assessment of liquidated damages as necessary.
- Coordinates with utility companies as necessary.
- Responds to stakeholder questions and facilitates stakeholder participation in project.
- Coordinates with Activation Team, Institution and other project stakeholders.
- Provides recommendations and documentation regarding: Contract disputes, Schedule Variances, Change Orders (CO) and Proposed Change Orders (PCO), Liquidated damages, Architect potential errors and omissions
- Evaluates Contractors' proposed change order (PCOs) proposals for merit, cost and schedule impact and mitigating alternatives. Develops the estimate and assists with negotiations. Prepares all documentation for Owner approval.
- Participates in risk analyses identification and mitigation strategies.
- Develops and maintains project files for issues which have the potential to result in disputes.
- Reviews and provides input to Owner and PM on the adequacy of Contractors' personnel, equipment, materials and supplies.
- Receives, tracks, and monitors Contractors' submittals to and from responding parties. Tracks review times to ensure timely and comprehensive response. Reports submittal status to PM and Owner. Updates and maintains Submittal Log.
- Receives tracks and monitors all Requests for Information (RFIs) to and from responding parities. Distributes RFIs to State Inspectors. Tracks review times to ensure timely comprehensive response. Reports RFI status to PM and Owner. Updates and maintains RFI Log. Ensures the Inspector of Record has reviewed each RFI for OSHPD, Fire Marshal and accessibility compliance.
- Ensures RFIs are posted on construction documents and kept current.
- Verifies and recommends approval of Contractors' progress payments. Updates and maintains Payment Log.
- Monitors contractors' conformance with permits, CEQA and settlement requirements. Assists Owner with tracking and processing of permits, CEQA and settlements as appropriate.
- Assists the State inspectors and monitors Contractors' conformance with quality requirements.
- Coordinates with inspectors, Architect and Owner staff on the development of a list of deficiencies to determine Contractors' compliance and completion of work. Manages the correction of such deficiencies and maintains Deficiency Log.
- Coordinates the schedule for installation and the receipt of the owner furnished equipment with the Contractors' schedule.
- Reviews the Contractors' Daily Reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates start-up, testing and commissioning of building systems with the commissioning agent.
- Bachelor's degree plus five (5) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Experience with Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Systems
- Experience with Hospitals and OSHPD preferred but not required
- Proactive problem solver
- Ability to adjust to changing job environments
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite, Sharepoint, and P6 Scheduling Software
- Excellent Communicator - Written and Verbal
- Well-spoken and confident