Memory Care Assistant
Shifts Available: Part Time Weekend Availability a must!
The salary range for this position is $13-$18. The starting salary will depend on location, experience, prior tenure with Maplewood/Inspir Carnegie Hill. This salary range will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and adjusted as necessary.
Want to know what makes our employees eager about going to work every day? The people we serve. Being a part of Maplewood requires passion and a desire to help others. Each employee has the ability to touch the hearts of all our seniors and be a part of something bigger than themselves. It's not just a job. It's an extraordinary life.
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live the good life in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking Memory Care Assistant to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Flexible shifts
- Paid training & uniforms
- Growth opportunities
- Bonus & incentive programs
- Competitive Benefits Package: including medical, dental, vision, 401K match, company paid time-off, life insurance policy, insurance deductibles and voluntary Aflac insurance for our full-time employees
- Must possess a passion for working with the senior population and improving their quality of life
- Provide outstanding customer service to all residents, family members, responsible persons, and visitors of residents in the community
- Personable, reliable, great communicator and team player
- Creative, energetic, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, encouraging, and team-oriented
- Create a positive atmosphere with an engaging variety of activities
- Assist with the design and implementation of a diverse program calendar based on resident's interests & abilities.
- Plans, schedule, lead and monitor, recreational programs to meet the needs of all of our residents.
- Successfully work within activity budgetary guidelines regarding entertainment, supplies, and labor hours
- Assist with ensuring Memory Care Program meets all state, federal and other regulations.
- Assist the Memory Care Director in providing monthly dementia in-services to all associates that relates to dementia.
- Assist with monitoring care giving team's dementia-oriented approach; coach as needed
- Demonstrate requisite knowledge, skills and abilities consistent with the duties & responsibilities of this position.
- Assist with providing family support & education topics related to Dementia Care and the Memory Care Neighborhood
- An associate degree from an accredited college or university or satisfactory completion of two years of college, with major work in in social work, nursing, psychology, gerontology or therapeutic recreation or related field, or two years of full-time experience in the recreation field with an adult population may be considered.
- Is a Certified Dementia Practitioner CDP® or will complete the necessary steps to become certified.
- Must possess a passion for working with seniors and improving their quality of life.
- Has a basic understanding of Alzheimer's and other dementia-related diseases is essential.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
- Basic typing skills and computer knowledge; familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Publisher and creative software.
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening, and reference checks.
Due to Department of Public Health requirements, all candidates will be required to show valid proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (1 st vaccine, 2 nd vaccine, and booster) before commencing work, unless they receive an approved exemption from Maplewood. Those who do not obtain full vaccination and booster within that time frame, without an approved exemption, will be terminated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)