801 N Xanthus Tulsa Oklahoma 74
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Assist the Sr. Plant Manager in the operation of the Tulsa, OK facility, including planning, directing and coordinating day to day activities of the purchasing, scheduling, material handling/flow, and shipping departments to obtain optimum efficiency and maximize profits. Supports plant operations, production, distribution, administrative support, and human resources operations for the plant by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate leaders.
- This position reports to the Sr. Plant Manager and has 3 direct reports and 45 indirect reports.
- Oversee and ensure areas of responsibility are meeting customer requirements in a timely and logical manner.
- Manages and coordinates activities between manufacturing, production control, quality, purchasing and logistics in order to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communication at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for directing, training and assessing the employee activities in order to meet or exceed plan objectives of the segment.
- Communicates on a regular basis, departmental, divisional, and company information to all employees.
- Responsible for proper inventory levels to balance inventory costs with appropriate available material to meet master production schedule.
- Assists in the development of the siteâ s strategic development plan, annual operating plan, and annual budgeting process.
- Establishes and maintains a high degree of morale and initiative in department employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Sets policy for the organization.
- Develops and delivers training as a SME (Materials 101/102/etc.).
- Mentors and develops talent for materials professionals across the organization.
- Drives S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) process globally via Central Planning department.
- Integral part of manufacturing strategies/capacities/ footprint.
- ERP system SME for all purchasing scheduling, movement, etc.
- Establishes policies for purchasing (MRP, e-Kanban, discreet purchase orders, etc.)
- Leads lean transformation for material flow in the plants.
- Ensures that all company policies are followed in a fair and consistent manner in respect to department employee matters such as discipline, performance evaluations, promotions, and terminations.
- Demonstrates a commitment to achieving all customer delivery expectation metrics.
- Demonstrates a commitment to executing the master production schedule, and the short and long term capacity plan.
- Identifies and analyzes specific problems associated with information flow, data collection, and existing computer systems.
- This role may require travel domestically, including overnight stays.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelorâ s degree with 6+ years relevant experience, Associates Degree plus 8+ relevant experience, or 10+ years of relevant experience
- Five years of operations management experience or five years of supervisory/management experience in an industrial environment
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work in a cooperative manner and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Financial/accounting skills
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Masterâ s degree
- Prior experience with the Lean manufacturing philosophy and tools.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Some travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .