Materials Handler 1st Shift
Sheridan. Be part of something greater. Your career awaits join us!
LOCATION: Hanover, NH
Sheridan's roots in Hanover, New Hampshire go way back to 1793, but that doesn't make us a relic. In fact, in Hanover, you'll find a lively, tight-knit group of employees who know how to have fun and work hard. The content we produce and the technology solutions we provide reach all corners of the world. At our core, we are more than just printers of world-class publications, we are a family of innovators and doers who are a part of something far greater than ourselves.
- Receive all materials from the Pressroom.
- Obtain approval from Customer Service/supervisor for pagination copies.
- Deliver approved materials to designated machinery.
- Assemble job line-ups and distribute job tickets to appropriate sources.
- Log in material and consolidate materials, by job, within the racks.
- Adhere to daily schedule and plan flow of materials, based upon the schedule.
- Weigh leftover materials to ensure supplies are sufficient to complete short jobs.
- Sort and arrange all pallets and skids.
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED/HiSET required.
- Good working knowledge of and experience with Finishing Department machinery and lift trucks required.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is required.
- Required to work mandatory overtime as needed.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to a maximum of 50 lbs. frequently.
- Continuous standing, frequent walking & stooping, occasional sitting, crouching, and reaching/working overhead required.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity required.
- Work environment involves exposure to excessive noise, being near moving machinery, and exposure to potential arm and wrist fatigue.
- Must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.
Schedule is Monday to Friday, 7 AM to 3 PM - 40 hours/week
- Overtime pays time and a half after 40 hours per week
- Eligible for a $1,000 hiring bonus after 12 weeks!
Why work for Sheridan?
- Job training
- Career advancement
- College tuition up to $5,250 per year
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Medical (PPO and HSA Plans), Dental, Vision
- Teledoc - convenient and no cost
- Company paid basic life and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary life
- 401(k) with company match
- Company paid short term disability
- FSA Health and Dependent Care savings accounts
- HSA Health saving account
- EAP program
CJK Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR Manager at 603-653-7314 or .