Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Deerbrook, WI area
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
The Manufacturing Engineer for the machining value stream will focus mainly on aersospace products and machining.
- Writing/Editing of CNC programs and completion of manufacturing method/process sheets.
- Using current design standards and processes, develops component part drawings from form, fit and function assembly drawings. Applies knowledge of composition and machinability of ferrous and non-ferrous materials with knowledge of machines, tooling and capabilities to develop standardized processes.
- Works closely with the Focused Factory team to continuously improve and standardize current processes; develops and implements improved processes and incorporates into designs. Investigates and troubleshoots process problems as they occur and takes necessary corrective actions. Confers with Design Engineering to assure designs fit the best manufacturing processes. Request engineering changes to reduce costs, improve quality or decrease manufacturing times. Coordinates implementation of approved changes.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts throughout the organization utilizing Lean Manufacturing tools including 6S, set-up reduction (SMED), standard work, value stream mapping and continuous flow manufacturing.
- Identifies equipment needs and further investigates and prepares capital equipment justifications.
- Identifies and qualifies outside vendors supplying raw materials, subcontract machining and other processes. Negotiates contracts with vendors and follows up on services to insure quality and timely delivery. Investigates and approves outside vendors for tooling and fixtures as needed.
- Performs cost-estimating functions as needed on new or pending orders. Operate AutoCAD and/or Pro E equipment to design and develop tooling and fixtures.
- Develops training programs and materials and conducts training sessions as needed on processes.
- Works closely with Focused Factory team on all shifts to provide guidance and instruction on proper processes. Work closely with quality personnel to modify and continuously improve processes to enhance quality, stabilize processes and/or reduce costs.
- Advise Focused Factory team of engineering problems or concerns. Confer with other manufacturing engineers to share knowledge and corrective actions to enhance/improve overall company quality and profitability.
- Four-year Bachelors of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent) preferred OR Associate Degree coupled with years of experience in manufacturing processes and process improvement within a Lean environment .
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information