About the role:
Lead, manage and oversee the site maintenance program which includes the production mechanical maintenance teams, utilities and critical systems operations and maintenance, facilities maintenance and maintenance planning, parts inventory and scheduling. Ensure current Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures are integrated in all maintenance activities. The Maintenance Manager leads and manages day-to-day maintenance within boundaries of compliance, quality, time, and budget. Responsibilities include supporting a culture of continuous improvement by implementing measurement tools or methods to eliminate probability of repeat mistakes and championing change. The incumbent compiles and evaluates key data generated to propose solutions for reduction of exceptions and errors, optimizes preventative maintenance activities, level loads the required work and labor, and is instrumental to the overall success of the manufacturing operations.
How you will contribute:
- Maintain installed aseptic filling and packaging machinery and equipment:
- Day-to-day troubleshooting and monitoring
- Provide corrective and preventive maintenance for machinery
- Manage Maintenance Department and oversee the Preventive and Corrective Maintenance program including maintenance activities planning, scheduling and execution, keeping track of work order completion and performance metrics in a 24/7/365 manufacturing setting. Ensure maximum productivity and efficiency in a safe and compliant manner.
- Direct maintenance teams to ensure reliable plant operation related to equipment and supporting mechanical systems.
- Manage, identify, hire, develop and recognize staff. Promote an open, collaborative, and transparent working environment.
- Implement safety policies and global policies per Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards
- Manage third party contractors, including issuing purchase orders and managing labor resources on site.
- Oversee applicable budgets for Maintenance and applicable cost centers. Develop and plan future budgets
- Compile and evaluate key data generated to propose solutions for reduction of exceptions and errors, optimize preventative maintenance activities, level load the required work and labor.
- Oversee calibrations of specific machinery and coordinate calibration activities with third parties.
- Lead material and parts vendor management, parts cycle counting, ordering, receiving, and stocking.
- Drive Equipment Life-cycle planning and reliability, including replacement
- Manage plant July/December filling pause/shutdown activities.
- Provide support and drive Asset Management Excellence vision and implementation plan consistent with implementing Reliability Metrics, tracking and tools for Predictive Maintenance Program and maintenance management activities to maximize wrench time per associate.
- Drive improvements in equipment performance metrics like Operational Efficiency, Mean time Between Failure, etc.
- Support culture of continuous improvement by implementing measurement tools or methods to eliminate probability of repeat mistakes, and championing change.
What you bring to Takeda:
- Must be well versed in Aseptic Filling Equipment, Packaging Equipment, Clean in Place systems, Pasteurizers, Critical Systems, Utilities operations and Computerized Maintenance Management systems.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices, Food and Drug Administration guidelines, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Environmental Protection Agency, environmental regulations, purchasing principles, regulatory inspections, and process validation.
- Display a solid understanding of automation, information technology and/or computer system administration good practices, industry standards and regulations
- Experience with Asset Management Initiatives, Reliability Programs, and Equipment Performance Metrics.
- Must understand electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic schematics.
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems.
- Must have good organization, prioritization, and follow-up skills. Ability to overcome obstacles and to deliver results.
- Ability to problem solve strategically in fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize efforts based on needs of customer
- Ability to develop team members
- Effective communication and people management skills
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to implement opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in science, engineering, or other related technical field.
- 6+ years of related experience with 1+ years in a supervisor role.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or other Food and Drug Administration-regulated industry preferred.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions of the facility.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs, lift up to 50 lbs, push/pull up to 10 bs (with assistance of material handling equipment).
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for an extended period over an 8-12 hour shift between rooms and across the site.
- May require bending, twisting, reaching overhead, and/or squatting motions to perform certain tasks
- Repetitive motions with hands, wrists, turning head, bending at knees and waist
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Indoor working conditions
- Will work around moving equipment and machinery
- May be required to work in controlled environments requiring special safety gear or gowning; will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body. No make-up, jewelry, nail polish, or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- May be required to work in confined spaces/areas.
- Some Clean Room and/or cool/hot storage conditions.
- May be exposed to and must not be allergic to cephalosporin.
- Must be able to work on multiple shifts, including weekends and holidays, to support a 24 hour/7 day per week/365 days per year manufacturing operation as needed.
- Must be able to work non-traditional work hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants. EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
USA - IL - Round Lake - Drug Delivery Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type