The Manager, IR Operations, will be responsible for enabling BTS Information Research solutions delivery by providing visibility, guidance, and oversight for functional and project capital/expense budget management through agile practices, processes, and analytics. Role will partner with BTS Portfolio/PMO and Domains to provide consulting, support, and direction in areas associated with the planning, procurement, provisioning, betterment, and retirement of information systems solutions. Requires effective utilization of existing portfolio and project management (PPM) processes and tools. This role is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to clients and represent BTS Domain needs and goals within the Operations organization to ensure financial targets are met, as well as contribute to the improvement of Operations practices and processes.
- Partner with assigned BTS Domain stakeholders to understand specific business processes and objectives, supporting short and long-term strategic planning, solution discovery, and vendor relationship management.
- Manage the business with functional and project capital/expense responsibility, including Domain-specific enhancement budget management, consistently executing against financial targets.
- Drive operational excellence and standards for monthly project expense LBE s (Latest Best Estimates), annual Capital Plan and LRP activities.
- Ensure resources are available to meet the long-range operational demands of the IR Domain(s), including appropriate functional and project capital/expense budget and identification of opportunities for cost avoidance and cost reductions.
- Monitor and report program and project cost performance; prepare monthly meeting presentations with cross-functional partners and assist in communicating status to BTS and business leadership, governance teams and colleagues. Effectively leverage established PPM practices and tools (e.g., Clarity, Jira).
- Provide internal operational finance coaching and consultation to BTS colleagues.
- Establish and maintain strategic level working relationships with all levels in BTS, R&D business, and selected external partners and suppliers.
- Represents BTS Information Research by promoting AbbVie BTS s strategic vision, operating tenants, and strategic imperatives.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable AbbVie Corporate (e.g., Finance, Purchasing, OEC, Legal), BTS, Quality and GxP policies and procedures.
- Responsible for working with external vendors to fully support AbbVie s PSM process.
- Bachelor s degree in a scientific or business field, with 6 years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project management, business systems analysis, software deployment, or PMO administration. Vendor contracting/strategy experience preferred.
- Experience in leading in a multi-task environment as well as in a virtual and matrix organization; operating within broad goals and objectives.
- Solid experience in financial management as well as attention to detail and ability to adequately forecast (i.e., cost estimation) and adjust accordingly.
- Excellent cross-functional negotiating skills and multi-faceted operational skills.
- Strong/demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations, i.e., FDA and European Union and their impact to the organization processes and technology tools.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and negotiate projects and priorities across functions and/or organizations; proven experience in situations of conflict resolution, problem solving and crisis management.
- Operate with a big picture perspective, balancing efficiency in task-execution with effectiveness to deliver on enterprise objectives.