We are seeking a Maintenance Technician with PLC experience to apply technical skills in order to support various production activities. Preventive maintenance, repair, rebuilding or modification of various automated, semi-automated, electronic/electrical equipment and controls within a high precision manufacturing facility will be keys in this role. We are located in Hauppauge, NY and actively scheduling interviews this week.
- Receives wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications, and instructions, either verbally or in writing, concerning emergency and scheduled repair, installation, and inspection work to be performed.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of mechanical and electrical and electronic theory and principles, wiring specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Plans details of working procedure to determine material or replacement needs and determines a logical approach to repair problems.
- Services mechanical and electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuit modules, printed circuit boards, vacuum tubes, and similar electronic devices.
- Performs plant-wide mechanical, electronic, and electrical maintenance, as required.
- Fabricates and repairs parts as required using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Informs management, leadspersons, and maintenance and line employees of potentially dangerous electrical equipment and corrective actions taken.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for mechanical, electronic, and electrical equipment.
- Supports electronic product development and design projects & issues.
- May provide technical direction to electricians and helpers as required.
- Performing other duties as deemed appropriate.
- May participate in related team projects as required.
Please send your resume to
schedule time to connect
My Kelly job board
please review our other openings