Want to know what makes our employees eager about going to work every day? The people we serve. Being apart of Maplewood requires passion and a desire to help others. Each employee has the ability to touch the hearts of all our seniors and be a part of something bigger than themselves. It's not just a job. It's an extraordinary life.
Maplewood Senior Living is a state-of-the-art, forward-thinking senior living provider. We offer a home-like, luxury environment for our residents, allowing them to live the good life in a safe environment. As an associate of Maplewood Senior Living, you will have the ability to make a profound difference in the lives of seniors each and every day. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a maintenance assistant to become part of our family. We invite you to take your first step toward a rewarding career with us!
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Flexible shifts
- Paid training & uniforms
- Growth opportunities
- Bonus & incentive programs
- Competitive Benefits Package: including medical, dental, vision, 401K match, company paid time-off, life insurance policy, insurance deductibles and voluntary Aflac insurance for our full-time employees
- General Maintenance work including, but not limited to basic repairs and painting
- Monitoring building systems including documentation
- Complete rounds of community to ensure resident and associate safety
- Work hand in hand with Environmental Service Director to identify concerns
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Complete work orders and train associates on safety related matters including fire safety
- High school diploma, or equivalent, required
- Knowledgeable of maintenance & housekeeping practices and procedures
- Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending and lifting
- In good physical and emotional health and free of communicable diseases
- Understand the practices of duties and responsibilities, through the utilization of sound judgment and the reporting of unusual problems/conditions
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks.
Due to Department of Public Health requirements, all candidates will be required to show valid proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (1 st vaccine, 2 nd vaccine, and booster) before commencing work, unless they receive an approved exemption from Maplewood. Those who do not obtain full vaccination and booster within that time frame, without an approved exemption, will be terminated.
Licenses & Certifications
- Computer/Technical Literacy
- Managing Multiple Projects
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)