We are looking for Machine Learning Developers to join SIGs new Machine Learning team. This group will apply machine learning techniques to forecasting opportunities including time series applications, natural language understanding and more. The team will be responsible for spearheading the application of deep learning to our daily trading activity.In this role, you will
- Collaborate with other researchers, developers, and traders to improve existing strategies and conduct research and development applying new algorithms designed for scalable deployment
- Use your software development and machine learning skills to find signal in one of the highest quality data sets in the industry, and develop automation tools to enhance our research and system development
This work will be challenging, fast-paced, and competitive. Your interest and drive to apply cutting-edge machine learning techniques to large financial data sets will enable this team to expand quantitative research at SIG.
Founded in 1987, we are one of the top privately held trading firms globally. We have some of the best data resources in the industry, which includes petabytes of curated data from global markets with up to decades of coverage, and a world class infrastructure for working at this scale.
What were looking for
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Physics, Applied Mathematics or related field
- Professional experience in building and applying machine learning techniques in production
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or C++
- Experience working and analyzing time series and reference data
- Demonstrated experience working with and drawing conclusions from large datasets
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded with an entrepreneurial mindset and a rigorous analytical approach to decision making. We commit our own capital to trade financial products around the world. Building virtually all of our own trading technology from scratch, we are leaders and innovators in high performance, low latency trading. Our traders, quants, developers, and systems engineers work side by side to develop and implement our trading strategies. Each individual brings their unique expertise every day to help us make optimal decisions in the global financial markets.
We dont post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed here was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.