All Kensington employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and Flu
The LPN Assisted Living/Memory Care is responsible to provide supervision and coordination of medication management, resident care delivery, and execution of activities programs in the Assisted Living neighborhood. Additionally, the LPN assists the Director of Assisted Living in setting standards of nursing care and management of residents under the direction of a physician. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the initial assessment and development of Individualized Service Plans for incoming residents.
- Interviews and examines current residents to assess needs, monitors and records resident medical condition and behavioral changes, assists in the formal process to re-assess resident care needs, and recommends adjustments to care plans.
- Assists the Director of Assisted Living with creating daily assignments and supervising the delivery of resident care and assistance by the Care Manager staff.
- Coordinates the medication management process and supervises the ordering, delivery, storage, administering, and disposal of medications. Provides direct daily supervision of Medication Assistant staff activities.
- Participates in discharge planning and the move-in and transfer of residents.
- Participates in evaluating and improving resident care policies and procedures, communicates them to staff, delivers in-services training, and reinforces proper performance on daily work.
- Works cooperatively with residents, residents' families and representatives, community staff, physicians, consultants, and ancillary service providers. Acts as liaison with the community and residents' supervising physician.
- Assures that all resident records are accurate, and complete and all mandatory forms are on file in full accordance with regulatory requirements, community quality standards, and resident rights. Maintains confidentiality of resident and community information
- Directs neighborhood team members and residents in executing emergency and disaster procedures during drills and actual events.
- Provides daily reports to the Assisted Living Manager concerning community conditions, resident conditions, and needs for nursing supplies.
- Participates in other professional development activities as required.