Lead Security Operations Specialist - INF001774 The Lead Security Operations Specialist supports the strategic and tactical deployment of security tools and initiatives that safeguards the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the enterprise infrastructure and information assets across US Cellular. The role's Primary Expertise is to ensure the interdependencies between the technical components are understood by the project team to ensure seamless delivery of systems. The role also has the following main elements:
- Provide subject matter expertise around specific technologies.
- Provide project management for the deployment of customer-servicing projects.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies, policies, and procedures for business network operations.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports in support of data network monitoring, improvement, and regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for providing technical security expertise and project leadership within the Security Operations team and works closely with representatives from the Security Assessments and Architecture teams to ensure alignment on key strategies.
This role is a hybrid work arrangement where the candidate can perform this role in-office or remote. In-office expectations within our operating footprint will be limited and based on an on purpose, for a purpose model should a meeting or collaborative session be scheduled.Essential Functions
- Proactively identify gaps, make plans, implement, and update, maintain, manage, monitor, and support enterprise Security solutions
- Lead change control and device configuration management activities on all security technologies
- Drive the identification of the detailed hardware and software components and provides direction on how to appropriately implement components using the respective hardware and software.
- Accountable for the creation of a cohesive Technology Detailed Design by the I.S. Delivery teams Engineers and implements solutions on wide variety of data network and data security elements.
- Develop and implement strategies for securing assets, customer services delivery, and regulatory/audit compliance
- Contribute to Information Security team effectiveness by accomplishing additional security related results as needed
- Actively protect the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of customer, associate, and business information
- Review and approve project High Level Designs
- Serve as a backup for the Security Operations management in non-HR related scenarios
- Mentor subordinate Security Operations team members in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products, and control techniques
- Provide guidance/training to more junior staff
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of security technology, operations, and key business processes
- Proven change management skills
- Proven change agent who consistently delivers results
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to change
- Influential and negotiation skills
- Scripting experience with Perl, Shell and/or Java
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player with proven collaboration skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and knowledge of analytical tools
- Solid understanding of network protocols, LAN, WAN, SSL, Firewall, WAF, Load Balancer, and DMZ configurations.
- Understanding of the PCI (Payment Card Industry) data security standard and other regulatory concerns (SOX, FCRA, FISMA, etc.)
- Knowledge of content filtering and end point protection technologies, vulnerability scanners, LDAP, SAML, forensics software, security incident response
- Prior experience coordinating and leading security projects
- Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
: Information Technology Location(s)
: Illinois-CHICAGO_IL Oklahoma-TULSA_OK, Wisconsin-MADISON_WI, Washington-RICHLAND_WA, Iowa-URBANDALE_IA, Tennessee-KNOXVILLE_TN, Washington-LONGVIEW_WA, Illinois-SCHAUMBURG_IL, Oregon-MEDFORD_OR, Missouri-COLUMBIA_MO, North Carolina-GREENVILLE_NC, Iowa-MARION_IA, Virginia-ROANOKE_VA, West Virginia-MORGANTOWN_WV, North Carolina-WILMINGTON_NC, New Hampshire-BEDFORD_NH, Wisconsin-BROOKFIELD_WI, Maine-SOUTH PORTLAND_ME U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.